The Cavaliers 2016

It's going to be a much different look!

Hmm like Cavies 2015 different or Cavies 2013 different? 2013 was quite the departure from their usual minor modifications

Well, it's about time for a makeover, I guess. I like the 80's - 2010ish design best, but I understand that it makes the look a little shorter.

One thing to remember is that every corps above them last year has a newer and more radical design, so maybe they're thinking a fresh look will help them improve their fortunes and be more relevant in today's marching arts world. Phantom is the least changed, then SCV. The rest look pretty different than they have.

Can't wait to see what they've come up with.

Ive heard they're all getting codpieces this year. going full retro.

Ive heard they're all getting codpieces this year. going full retro.

Back to Shakos and actually going with chartreuse this time?

As long as when I see the uniform I immediately think of The Cavaliers I will be happy.

• Like 1

The term "propaganda" was first used in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV with the Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide (sacred Congregation of Propagating Faith) to spread Catholicism to the heathens. Incidentally, the Cardinal Prefect of Propaganda is known as the "red pope".

You fed the troll. Why?

• Like 1

The term "propaganda" was first used in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV with the Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide (sacred Congregation of Propagating Faith) to spread Catholicism to the heathens. Incidentally, the Cardinal Prefect of Propaganda is known as the "red pope".

While true regarding the word itself, " Propaganda " predates Roman Catholicism, and even predates the birth of Jesus Christ. Propaganda was initially considered an honorable activity in the transmittance of communication between ancient tribes. It was utilized in early Asian cultures. Later, the Ancient Greeks used it extensively too. Propaganda has been in existence according to most scholars since the beginning of Mankind. Only in recent times has " Propaganda " taken on a decidedly negative connotation.

Source : https://www.historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/gi-roundtable-series/pamphlets/what-is-propaganda/the-story-of-propaganda

Edited by BRASSO

While true regarding the word itself, " Propaganda " predates Roman Catholicism, and even predates the birth of Jesus Christ. Propaganda was initially considered an honorable activity in the transmittance of communication between ancient tribes. It was utilized in early Asian cultures. Later, the Ancient Greeks used it extensively too. Propaganda has been in existence according to most scholars since the beginning of Mankind. Only in recent times has " Propaganda " taken on a decidedly negative connotation.

Source : https://www.historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/gi-roundtable-series/pamphlets/what-is-propaganda/the-story-of-propaganda

[/needless bickering]
  • Like 1

[/needless bickering]

There is no" bickering " on this thread. I see only civil discussion, respectful discourse, and respectful replies. Get a grip, CC ( haha! )

Edited by BRASSO