The Cavaliers 2016

I get to see the Cavies July 27th, I'm so excited! I haven't got to see them live since 2013.

Well with a full panel and Crown ahead of them, the score didn't drop like a few people predicted. And have shortened the gap from 3.8 to 3.2 from the tour premier. Not much but positive. Keep up the good work gentlemen, Splooie!

• Like 2

Reading the comments about The Cavaliers in 2016 is borderline disturbing. Most of you are overly concerned about the political nature of the signage and voice-overs when in actual fact The Cavaliers are smacking against all politicians, insinuating their speech is propaganda. What I respectfully request all of you do is to step back, forget the political stuff, and actually concentrate on the show itself for once.

On Tuesday evening I saw The Cavaliers live in Dublin -- that's in Ohio, not Ireland -- and I was very impressed. This is the best brass book Rosemont has fielded since 2006, the best visual package since 2010, and the best drum line since maybe 2002. Put that all together and the crowd reaction reminds me of the 1980s! This package will be competitive in August because the brass line isn't clean yet, there are some awkward moments visually which will be tightened up as the season progresses, and the ending of "Lollapalooza" is sure to be rewritten to be more visually challenging and less of a "park and blow."

(For the record, I'm a Cavalier FMM and a Trump supporter......)

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps
  • Like 2

Reading the comments about The Cavaliers in 2016 is borderline disturbing. Most of you are overly concerned about the political nature of the signage and voice-overs when in actual fact The Cavaliers are smacking against all politicians, insinuating their speech is propaganda. What I respectfully request all of you do is to step back, forget the political stuff, and actually concentrate on the show itself for once.

On Tuesday evening I saw The Cavaliers live in Dublin -- that's in Ohio, not Ireland -- and I was very impressed. This is the best brass book Rosemont has fielded since 2006, the best visual package since 2010, and the best drum line since maybe 2002. Put that all together and the crowd reaction reminds me of the 1980s! This package will be competitive in August because the brass line isn't clean yet, there are some awkward moments visually which will be tightened up as the season progresses, and the ending of "Lollapalooza" is sure to be rewritten to be more visually challenging and less of a "park and blow."

(For the record, I'm a Cavalier FMM and a Trump supporter......)

Yeah, honestly I wasn't even thinking they were crossing some sort of line because I was so focused on the actual show. So when I came on here and saw that people were actually offended by this I was like "Seriously?" It's a marching show...just enjoy it. I really love the ballad. That powerful impact after they sing is my favorite part of the show so far.

• Like 1

Cavaliers and Crown 3.0 tonight. DrumManTx, what kind of scores do you think we will see tonight? Do the Blue Stars get any closer to Cavies? and obviously does the gap widen or close a little bit more between Crown and Cavies?

Cavaliers and Crown 3.0 tonight. DrumManTx, what kind of scores do you think we will see tonight? Do the Blue Stars get any closer to Cavies? and obviously does the gap widen or close a little bit more between Crown and Cavies?

Depends on your panel. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm wrong alot) visual is worth more than music and last night we had 2 music judges causing wonky scores. If we go to a full panel or a different 5 person scramble the spreads can change drastically. Give it a brass or guard judge and you'd expect crown to pull away.
  • Like 1