Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

I don't know if you will change your mind or not when you see them live tomorrow, but the theater experience was very, very limited. I saw them live and then saw a bootleg of the theater show, and they are worlds apart. The camera didn't catch 1/2 of what was going on, and many times was looking the wrong way entirely. (Hint: don't bother looking for/at the soloists, and when in doubt, follow the guard). I think there is a chance you will enjoy a live performance much more than in the theater.

Surely and absolutely a possibility.

Regrettably, the only chance I'll have to see them live is three nights in Indy.

I'd love to be made to feel differently before finals week...

Well I'm just piling on the love fest. Go Blooooooooooooooo!

• Like 1

Condescension gets you nowhere. You have nothing positive to add. Bye Felicia.

Sometimes condescension gets you to where you want to go.

But, considering your post, I'm not sure if you're addressing me or not so, there it is.

Wow, you've got to still be in high school with that mature retort.

• Like 1

She'd sue the corps into oblivion. Taytay doesn't take kind to people using/taking her music.

Well, we had a thing going for a while ... Well it was a thing in my mind ... I am just afraid the show would be all about our imaginary break-up.

• Like 2

You're on the verge of being labeled a troll.

Care to engage in real conversation, or just throw daggers and encourage the label?

Up to you, of course...

Look, dunno why you are gunning after me. I never said it was perfect, I never said every little thing they are doing is innovative, I never said it was the hardest show ever. Relax, sorry everything I say is stupid. I actually agree with the WGI stuff and that is not necessarily innovative, though it is new to the DCI idiom. I (maybe used to) to really respect your opinion on here. Sorry if I ###### you off for some reason.

But saying there is not that much demand in their show is just not true.

Listening Environments, and NO I'm NOT SAYING THIS WAS INNOVATIVE:

Front ensemble as has been discussed.

In the opening of their show, went to a bootlegged video of them to watch, they are playing stuff from Heat of the day from the 5 yard line stage right, all the way over the the 20 yard line stage left. End of the next segment, spread 15 to 20. In Ojos de Brujo, their vertical staging is pretty huge in spread, all the way from the back sideline down to the front. I think that at times the way they are spread is pretty impressive considering how solid they sounded. I never made it a pissing contest with other corps from previous years to say it's harder or new, but for them, I was glad to see them doing stuff like that.

And on the last point, when did I ever say that? I don't know if that is directed at me, but I NEVER said that Cadets and Crown are toast, and God knows I think BD is going to be 2014 scary this year. I explicitly said in my review that I don't know where they finish, and there are things in their show that I could see getting stale if they don't evolve and experiment. After seeing some comments directed at other corps last night, I explicitly didn't want to come off that way. All I said is I feel like they have a shot and I really liked the show, a ton. Sorry if that's too much positive.

Regarding the pit and the spread - it looked like they had earpieces in when you were up close. The same technique is used by Cirque de Solei for their orchestras when spread apart, so they can hear each other in real time. Fairly seamless - I've used it in stage orchestras before.

It's not so much a listening environment challenge as it is incorporating something from a different pageantry art.

• Like 1