Survey and DCI 2016 dates officially announced.

Cadets doing 33 shows including prelims, semis, finals. BD doing 27 including. Seems to be an increase for BD. Crown only doing 26.

First impression is that not as many Open Class shows nationwide besides California.

Edited by xandandl

Bristol?

DCI list gives the show as Cranston H.S. Stadium in Cranston, R.I. but then gives the google map photo of Mt. Hope H.S. which is in Bristol, usual site, although small, of annual contest and parade. This year contest day after July fourth to allow BAC for July

The Change of date and venue for Bristol is not a huge surprise. Traffic can be nightmarish and corps do not like the field. The July 4th committee has had troubles finding volunteers for all if the events and the stadium itself is very small. It may be the smallest venue for a WC show of the entire tour. I also heard there were going to be renovations in Bristol, so the venue may not be available. That being said, it has a great atmosphere and it was a favorite.

Regarding Cranston, I have no idea of the size of the stadium, but it's not an idyllic New England town as Bristol is, but it is a city that is working to improve the schools and living conditions.have to see how it works.

The Change of date and venue for Bristol is not a huge surprise. Traffic can be nightmarish and corps do not like the field. The July 4th committee has had troubles finding volunteers for all if the events and the stadium itself is very small. It may be the smallest venue for a WC show of the entire tour. I also heard there were going to be renovations in Bristol, so the venue may not be available. That being said, it has a great atmosphere and it was a favorite.

Regarding Cranston, I have no idea of the size of the stadium, but it's not an idyllic New England town as Bristol is, but it is a city that is working to improve the schools and living conditions.have to see how it works.

I know USBands (Cadets Fall circuit) does shows at Cranston (East) for several years now.

It doesn't have anything to do with the massive budget cuts at Akron University? Also, it really stinks that we're not gonna have The Cadets or The Cavaliers though. Only 5 corps? I'm still gonna go, but... Madison Scouts at the Tour of Champions show is nice though, still no Blue Devils however.

No I don't believe the budget cuts had anything to do with it. I'm sure UA would love to have had the show return to help bring in some much needed funds. It was simply the case of a conflict with the date. I think it had been scheduled for a couple of years.

Yes, only 5 corps at the first Massillon show, but still a very good show. I'm confident Rhythm In Blue (Coats alumni) will be there too along with the 5 DCI corps.

The 2nd Massillon show will be one of the best in the country with 7 of last year's top 8 and the Madison Scouts...always a crowd favorite (next to Coats) in Massillon. The 2015 Hall of Fame show set an attendance record. Better get your tickets as soon as they go on sale!

Glad to see that my stadium is hosting the Nashville show again. Can't imagine the parking situation though, glad I'll be able to walk from my dorm.

Ugh. Vandy. Blegh. :)

Wonder what happened with MTSU? I bet it has to do with construction. That university has doubled in size in the last decade.

But there are two good things to come out of this: being closer to great food and BK WILL BE THERE AGAIN!!!

Edited by phd-student-TTU

The traffic for Bristol is god awful. Took an hour to go four miles.

Cranston's stadium is certainly an upgrade over Mt. Hope HS in Bristol- artificial turf field, seating for around 3000-4000 or so. Parking looks to be rather scant though.

ProvidenceRICranstonStadium2_zps796f1679

no early show in Michigan for the first time in forever.....that's disappointing. Only one show in the state and it is a small Open Class show mid-season, with a much less impressive lineup than last summer. No chance to see a World Class corps locally. Bummed.

Usual schedule for us used to be a 4-5 World Class corps show opening weekend hosted by Legends somewhere near Kalamazoo. Then, Michigan City around the 4th of July, the TOC in DeKalb mid-July before heading to Indy for the three days of Championships. That was a very nicely spaced summer of drum corps for our family.

Now, no early show.......a thinned-down lineup for Michigan City that may not be enough draw to go. A nice 9-corps TOC this year in DeKalb might be our only show before Indianapolis.