Chart you want to hear now with electronics

I'll be honest, I really don't want to hear anything else featuring electronics. Bluecoats 2014 was a great show, but Bluecoats 2015 was just dreadful. Way too much synth. But after hearing close up videos of the hornline this season, I can see why they tried to cover it up with synth. Check out the videos on youtube, and you'll see why. Ouch.

Oh, but MisterA, it was so cutting edge and is moving the activity in directions unheard of, and is more important than Star 93...oh wait, that's what we're supposed to feel...

• Like 1

I would feel more excited about electronics if it didn't take away from the other 150+ members on the field. Ya I get it, it's here to stay and we have to use it to score well or even win (that's the reality). I mean, why not have everyone in the guard 150+ and simply have a trap set or electronic drums and synth and do a visual show? Let's see how deep this fish swims. I don't know there is even a requirement for brass/drum playing at all if you use a synth patch for it.

I don't know there is even a requirement for brass/drum playing at all if you use a synth patch for it.

Bluecoats percussion scored a 19.70 (1st place) by the onfield judge so it seems they were successful mixing the two.

I'd really like to hear a top 12 corps' take on William Bolcom's "Machine". It was last played by the Cavaliers in 1998 and I think it has potential to be modernized with electronic sounds and a strong percussion section.

What are others you think would be good???

Any music from " Rage Against The Machine " might be fitting, imo

I would feel more excited about electronics if it didn't take away from the other 150+ members on the field. Ya I get it, it's here to stay and we have to use it to score well or even win (that's the reality). I mean, why not have everyone in the guard 150+ and simply have a trap set or electronic drums and synth and do a visual show? Let's see how deep this fish swims. I don't know there is even a requirement for brass/drum playing at all if you use a synth patch for it.

I found this interesting read from The Tampa Bay Times. I also saw something on TV where many orchestras around the country are adding a visual element to their programs. some very elaborate holograms , electronic enhancements, etc etc. Interesting

The Florida Orchestra will take a gamble by reviving Stravinsky's original — with a further twist. Joining the musicians will be a choreographed troupe of string-controlled marionettes, projected silhouettes, rod puppets and more elaborate characters that stand 9 feet tall.

"Petrushka is a puppet ballet about puppets," said music director Stefan Sanderling. "So we thought, 'Why not use these giant puppets to portray the characters?' "

The production is much more than spectacle. Like similar groups everywhere, the Florida Orchestra each season fights for its financial life, a struggle only exacerbated by the recession. The musicians often play to too many empty seats, and young people — the potential audiences of the future — prefer more visual thrills than a homegrown Mahler symphony can provide.

A fully staged Petrushka is the orchestra's way of reaching out to those new audiences.

"We have to find better ways to be relevant," Sanderling said. "Our way of offering classical music has to change. No, we don't have to change the music, we just have to change how we present it."

rochester NY:

Dancers, interpreters, visual artists, an art exhibit...Symphonic Vision will be a multi-sensory experience of classical music. Synchronized visual projections and lighting will be fused with the wonder and drama of the music performed by the RSOC in a sight and sound spectacular that will fill the stage, your ears, and your eyes.

Symphonic Vision, created by artist, composer and designer Kevin Dobbe, is a multimedia process that visualizes music. Fourteen video cameras, five projection spaces, and automated lights are all programmed and then controlled by a MIDI keyboard played for each cue by a musician on the stage with the orchestra. This process allows us to see musicians close up, to read text that helps us understand what is happening in the musical structure, and to provide visual interpretation of music elements such as dynamics and music phrase, all combined to both celebrate the beauty of sound via visuals, and to help guide listeners on musical journeys.

This is 2 of many...just thought it was interesting.

Edited by GUARDLING

I found this interesting read from The Tampa Bay Times. I also saw something on TV where many orchestras around the country are adding a visual element to their programs. some very elaborate holograms , electronic enhancements, etc etc. Interesting

The Florida Orchestra will take a gamble by reviving Stravinsky's original — with a further twist. Joining the musicians will be a choreographed troupe of string-controlled marionettes, projected silhouettes, rod puppets and more elaborate characters that stand 9 feet tall.

"Petrushka is a puppet ballet about puppets," said music director Stefan Sanderling. "So we thought, 'Why not use these giant puppets to portray the characters?' "

The production is much more than spectacle. Like similar groups everywhere, the Florida Orchestra each season fights for its financial life, a struggle only exacerbated by the recession. The musicians often play to too many empty seats, and young people — the potential audiences of the future — prefer more visual thrills than a homegrown Mahler symphony can provide.

A fully staged Petrushka is the orchestra's way of reaching out to those new audiences.

"We have to find better ways to be relevant," Sanderling said. "Our way of offering classical music has to change. No, we don't have to change the music, we just have to change how we present it."

rochester NY:

Dancers, interpreters, visual artists, an art exhibit...Symphonic Vision will be a multi-sensory experience of classical music. Synchronized visual projections and lighting will be fused with the wonder and drama of the music performed by the RSOC in a sight and sound spectacular that will fill the stage, your ears, and your eyes.

Symphonic Vision, created by artist, composer and designer Kevin Dobbe, is a multimedia process that visualizes music. Fourteen video cameras, five projection spaces, and automated lights are all programmed and then controlled by a MIDI keyboard played for each cue by a musician on the stage with the orchestra. This process allows us to see musicians close up, to read text that helps us understand what is happening in the musical structure, and to provide visual interpretation of music elements such as dynamics and music phrase, all combined to both celebrate the beauty of sound via visuals, and to help guide listeners on musical journeys.

This is 2 of many...just thought it was interesting.

Maybe they should add in rolling around on the floor. That might seal the deal.

Could be the next thing. actually with dancers and actors Im sure it is already happening

Then we can debate whether attendance is increasing with all these changes.