Darwinian Extinction/ Evolutionary Suicide

In real life I am a college biology professor - what you are referring to is called 'Punctuated Equilibrium' - short bursts of evolution to attempt to adapt to new conditions, followed by a longer period of maintaining the status quo when conditions are stable. This is then overlaid with the 'competitive exclusion principle' which states that only one species (in this case corps) can occupy a given niche at the same time.

In real life I am a college biology professor - what you are referring to is called 'Punctuated Equilibrium' - short bursts of evolution to attempt to adapt to new conditions, followed by a longer period of maintaining the status quo when conditions are stable. This is then overlaid with the 'competitive exclusion principle' which states that only one species (in this case corps) can occupy a given niche at the same time.

Getting awful memories of my Ecology and Evolution course I took a year ago

Getting awful memories of my Ecology and Evolution course I took a year ago

Many moons ago I aced Biology and failed Anthropology (got the dinosaurs and bones right but mixed up the matriarch and patriarch societies). To keep on topic, drum corps can only evolve to the capability of the performers. I'm finding performers expectations too high, beyond their bones and body. Perhaps we should start liking spontaeous raw emotional performances again. I'm rambling. Forgive me.

Military approaches have been shed in favour of a more artistic approach or interpretation opening up the activity to many that may have otherwise ignored it.

And vice versa? Through this change, drum corps might have been opened to some but also might have been closed to others who now ignore it.

Thanks. I now have a very innocuous term for my progressive weight gain which is happening as I get older by the year. I'm not getting fatter...it's merely a matter of "Punctuated Equilibrium." :silly:

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

Yes, and Crown is also the new Star, and all-male corps don't have a chance of competing any more on the same level as coed corps.

Oh, and Bob Barker died again during the 2015 season.

Now you're just being silly.

Bob Barker died my rookie year in 1997.

And then, mysteriously, again in 1998

• Like 1