Cadets 2016

Tobias

Nice picks of section leaders announced today (cf. site) while obvious GH has picked friends of the throne for the most part. Being able to communicate with him and from him is as much a part of the job as relations with MMs and having the off season time to do the tour prep duties (like winter work sessions between camps, etc.)

Speaks well of the depths of vets returning...

Edited by xandandl

It wasn't a huge age out group last year. Hopefully they get a lot of vets returning because that was one of the most talented Cadets in years.

It wasn't a huge age out group last year. Hopefully they get a lot of vets returning because that was one of the most talented Cadets in years.

a ton are returning... should be a very strong corps, especially percussion and brass as neither aged out more than average and the battery probably aged out fewer than average

OK, here's the thing. I know I haven't posted a lot on DCP, but back in the ancient days of the Internet, I posted a lot under my actual name, That's how how ridiculous things were back then. It was back when Prodogy was cutting edge, and the boards were filled with such screen names as BillCook. I don't mean to name drop other than saying this ... Back in 1992, the name most dropped as being the the drum corps version of the antichrist had as his initials, GH. Guess what? That is is still what I hear today. Guess what? His corps is still a perennial top 5. The axe that is being ground is worn to the hilt. Enough already. The man has proven his metal.

• Like 2

I'm sad. I always counted you amongst my "top ten" :(

Yeah, the axe to grind is apparent. lol...

well.....Sadie was born in 2012. So you slipped to 11. No offense, she's cuter than you are

I stay loyal to the Cadets even as my marching days are long done. Some alumni migrate away (because THEIR years marching or teaching were the best) but I'm just a loyal type of guy. I think TEK and I are similar in that regard. We'll rout for the Cadets every new season. It doesn't matter who's teaching guard or brass, when they march onto the field, I feel connected to the maroon team and always will. I guess it's that way with most MMs and their group the difference being Cadets are the designated punching bag on DCP. Even when they won in 2011, they were the "cheesiest and most dirty" to ever win BUT I like some people on here and their insights (Xand, George Dixon, Jeff Ream and TEK) to name a few so I continue to to sift through the rubbish for commentary especially during the season

^^^

Very well stated!

This is exactly how I feel. I know I have started posts on here pushing Cadets to be more innovative visually and with show concept and design, but at the end of the day my heart will always be with them. When I am at a show and they enter the field I get the same butterflies (to a lesser degree) that I did when I marched. I will always be loyal to them, but not blindly without suggesting improvements.

I post on GH's facebook as well as I feel that is where I might get through the best. I will always donate to the corps and support them, I just want to see them continue to thrive.

• Like 1