Cadets 2016

Tobias

Kristi - the new Guard Caption Head - also teachers Mechanicsburg HS Indoor Guard - here's their WGI finals performance where they were a crowd favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC67o0GOGIU

Edited by George Dixon

Really RARE and interesting find on Youtube

Cadets 1990 program at a show in early July (Virginia Tech)

https://youtu.be/MCeC0uEN5V4?t=48m4s

Pretty good quality transfer from 8mm considering the era

The whole show is recorded - including Star 1990's ever popular program, which edged the Cadets for 1st place that night:

https://youtu.be/MCeC0uEN5V4?t=28m10s

Really cool seeing both these programs early on tour before many changes put in for finals

Magic, Crossmen & Spirit of Atlanta also at this show and on the video

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Re: WGI and an example of what to expect from a summer program.

I don't think after watching WGI presentations that it's easy to get a fix on what will and will not work in a summer program. Yes, there are programs that get a lot of crowd response - yet it seems that almost every program gets a crowd response. Such is the nature of WGI.

I think the two activities (WGI and DCI) are a lot more separate than some would like. I also don't think a successful WGI program is an indicator of a successful DCI program.

Re: WGI and an example of what to expect from a summer program.

I don't think after watching WGI presentations that it's easy to get a fix on what will and will not work in a summer program. Yes, there are programs that get a lot of crowd response - yet it seems that almost every program gets a crowd response. Such is the nature of WGI.

I think the two activities (WGI and DCI) are a lot more separate than some would like. I also don't think a successful WGI program is an indicator of a successful DCI program.

TOTALLY agree. Different animals. Since she's an "unknown" in the drum corps world it's just the best we have to go on right now...

TOTALLY agree. Different animals. Since she's an "unknown" in the drum corps world it's just the best we have to go on right now...

I thought the program was wonderful and I would like nothing more than the same to transpose to the field in 2016.

I think WGi has a freedom that isn't easy to replicate during the summer.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1