Cadets 2016

Tobias

This is getting silly

Last year Hopkins himself said the black uni would go to C2. It wasn't some conspiracy theory by those supposedly in the know as BRASSO suggests

The plan changed.

Or is it! <insert X-Files theme here>

Haha, joking aside, I do remember GH talking about passing them down to C2 after last season. Plan, minds, and strategies change as a concept evolves. If the theme is still around stone, etc. etc. I would think the modified black uniforms make more sense from a design sort of way.

This is getting silly

Last year Hopkins himself said the black uni would go to C2. It wasn't some conspiracy theory by those supposedly in the know as BRASSO suggests

The plan changed.

Aside from knowing what uniform would be worn, It was hard imagining their show being done wearing Maroon and Gold honestly.

• Like 1

For me, the 2016 uniforms certainly beat the heck out of the 2006 unis... with the multi-colored backpieces for that freak show. :tongue:

That is the most low-rent production I have ever seen from the Cadets. LOL. Well beneath their usual high level of professionalism.

• Like 1

For me, the 2016 uniforms certainly beat the heck out of the 2006 unis... with the multi-colored backpieces for that freak show. :tongue:

That is the most low-rent production I have ever seen from the Cadets. LOL. Well beneath their usual high level of professionalism.

We all learned a valuable lesson from that show...

Never do sequels.

Aside from knowing what uniform would be worn, It was hard imagining their show being done wearing Maroon and Gold honestly.

Personally , I think this works and gives them a Bad ### look. BUT I also know this could be done in any color palette if they chose to do so. Star back in the day chose the white red and purple with gold accents. These colors are considered royal colors and often used in these types of shows. With that said, with the presumed take on this program they are making the palette fit the theme as they see it and thats just fine.

This is getting silly

Oh com'on,.. you're too smart to conclude from my remarks above that I thought there was " some conspiracy theory " afloat by those in the know at The Cadets with ANY of this. I merely stated that there was mixed messaging coming out last season and this season. It was probably unintentional in the mixed messaging too. So, no, I didn't imply above that there was anything intentionally malicious in terms of providing us info on here from those in the know with The Cadets. So don't even go there re. " conspiracy theory " charges, as you know better than to invoke the word " conspiracy" on a reply to my comments above. As I said, I know you're smart, and I know that you are better than this too.

Edited by BRASSO

If they played Jeremiah Symphony, they could wear street clothes and flip flops for all I care. That '85 opener was one of the best 6-1/2 minutes of drum corps ever.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

Yup. The Cadets 2005 DCI Title winning show " The Zone " was a musical & visual masterpiece from start to finish. Still holds up well today, imo.. after a decade. As for the following years show in 2006 that attempted to replicate the 2005 magic with a similar type themed show........they swung... and missed. ( it happens sometimes ). If a show is good, uniforms and its colors won't hold it back. If a show is a dud however, no manner of exquisite color coordinated uniforms, nor brilliantly coordinated uniform and uniform colors with the chosen theme can save it. As such, the 2006 Cadets show was not going to medal no matter what the Corps chosen uniforms, and uniform colors were that season.

The Cadets have won DCI titles with their traditional uniform style and colors, and they have finished in 19th place in DCI with pretty much the exact same uniform and colors. Clothes don't make the Man ( nor Women ). That said, If Superman came out wearing an all black cape, and the Lone Ranger came out wearing a gold colored mask, it sure would be a bit unsettling for audiences. And The Cadets traditional colors go back further than Superman or the Lone Ranger characters.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I heard a rumor that Cadets are doing "Death & Transfiguration" next season, so it looks like they'll be in black again.

Yes, I'm kidding. (Though I would love for them to do some Strauss).

I hear you George Dixon, and perhaps that will be the case. That said, I do recall that when the rumor came out last July that The Cadets had new all black uniforms, we were told by some here on DCP that were supposedly in the know, that the black unis were not for The Cadets , but they were new unis for Cadets2. Then when GH had the Cadets go with these late in the season, we were told that the Cadets2 would get them for this season, and the Cadets 1 would return to the M& G traditional colors for this season. Last week or so we learn the traditional M & G colors are out, and the black colors are back for this season with Cadets1. Now we are hearing that the black colors will be out after this season and that " no doubt the M& G colors will be back in 2017 ". The Cadets theme chosen for this season, and announced in Feb. was " Stoned ", but then changed abruptly in April to " Awakening ". This week, a DCP'er ( supposedly in the know ) posted that " Awakening " theme name will now change and now it will be back to " Stoned " again. Whew, you must admit, its a curious whirlwind out in CadetsLand these days ( haha..)... no ?

Part of that is because they put a lot "out there" in public, which IMO is a good thing. If NONE of the above was stated, and just the end result, then it would look much less frenetic and messy. I prefer to see how the process works, warts and all.

• Like 1