Cadets 2016

Tobias

Oh boo hoo. GO CADETS!!!!

9 days left to max the show out and clean clean clean!

Cleaning a flawed design won't do much good. As well as the MM play/execute the show, it cannot make up for the inherent design that lacks too much and is too disjointed to make a push for the top. Can they max out the show as is? Sure. Will it change their placement this year? Probably not.

Edited by jsd
  • Like 2

Cleaning a flawed design won't do much good. As well as the MM play/execute the show, it cannot make up for the inherent design.

And I disagree. Performance still matters. Especially to the members

psd - Have you seen the show recently? I realize this is a subjective activity, but I do feel the show is coming together. I think it is flowing much more smoothly now than earlier in the summer.

• Like 1

Cleaning a flawed design won't do much good. As well as the MM play/execute the show, it cannot make up for the inherent design that lacks too much and is too disjointed to make a push for the top. Can they max out the show as is? Sure. Will it change their placement this year? Probably not.

Have you seen the show lately? It's a great show. Nothing like early season. Pretty amazing turn around honestly.

Actually I don't think many of us have been fixated on placement. Now that the show is improved we just want to corps to perform well.

We expect a lot of the Cadets. AND that's ok. They have a long history of 20+ national/world titles and a history of innovation and influence. When fans of corps with 1 championship ever get a little upidty it's ok we smack them down a rung.

Cadets are a very improved corps from 2 weeks ago. We are asking for a fresh look from the judges. The results in Annapolis alarmed me frankly as SCV was pretty weak that night. Cadets 2 pointed them. So it gets concerning to see the scores fall into a pattern no matter what.

You just spent the first two blocks of text saying you guys aren't as fixated on scores and then proceed to give a biased assessment of SCV to show just how much you guys are fixated on scores (from everyone else I've talked to about Annapolis, they said SCV had a pretty strong run. I was actually there along with a former Cadet and both of us agreed that SCV is currently a step up from the Cadets right now).

Look, it's fine to be paying close attention to scores, most of us get caught up in all of it too. But the point is that "bad design" is all relative. Calling Boston's show one of the worst designed shows of the decade is hyperbole to the max.

You just spent the first two blocks of text saying you guys aren't as fixated on scores and then proceed to give a biased assessment of SCV to show just how much you guys are fixated on scores (from everyone else I've talked to about Annapolis, they said SCV had a pretty strong run. I was actually there along with a former Cadet and both of us agreed that SCV is currently a step up from the Cadets right now).

Look, it's fine to be paying close attention to scores, most of us get caught up in all of it too. But the point is that "bad design" is all relative. Calling Boston's show one of the worst designed shows of the decade is hyperbole to the max.

Calm down.

I was in Annapolis also sitting with a large group of vet fans. The brass guys I was with all felt SCV had a very tough run, and they marched Star and Blast original London run so I'm pretty sure they know. I had seen them only online up to that point, and you can only judge so much online.

Others felt differently than you. It's allowed... Doesn't make us driven by scores or biased.

And honestly man, if you think that Boston show wasn't a mess of a design then I got nothin. That was just flat out bad.

psd - Have you seen the show recently? I realize this is a subjective activity, but I do feel the show is coming together. I think it is flowing much more smoothly now than earlier in the summer.

Yep. Saw it as recently as possible, albeit from a stream. The colorguard staging is a freaking mess, and cleaning it will not make the total impact any better.

They made bad design decisions. Hell, I made more than my share in my twenty years in the activity. I hope the corps has fun and enjoys finals week. There is more to the activity than winning. I wouldn't trade my bond with my guards and corps for most anything. That is what matters years later.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in sixth.

• Like 1

Yep. Saw it as recently as possible, albeit from a stream. The colorguard staging is a freaking mess, and cleaning it will not make the total impact any better.

They made bad design decisions. Hell, I made more than my share in my twenty years in the activity. I hope the corps has fun and enjoys finals week. There is more to the activity than winning. I wouldn't trade my bond with my guards and corps for most anything. That is what matters years later.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in sixth.

What is the purpose of this?

Maybe they should just sleep in tomorrow. And then go to the beach.

• Like 1

" I don't always agree with Cappybara but when I do, it's completely".

• Like 1

What is the purpose of this?

Maybe they should just sleep in tomorrow. And then go to the beach.

You are missing the point entirely.

I am not questioning the work ethic of the kids, nor am I saying that they should throw their hands up and give up.

For two years running, their design team has let the kids down. The colorguard was badly staged last year, and it is even worse this year. Musically, the corps is marvelous. Visually, the colorguard is a serious weak link, and that is not based upon their skill set. They can spin and dance their a#### off. The "adults" are the let down in this year's' programming.

Watch the show with an objective eye; you will see that the guard is their problematic component. Their programming makes no sense whatsoever, and no amount of cleaning is going to make it better. At this point, it is what it is (as much as I hate to use that phrase), and it will be a large reason as to why the Cadets finish in fifth or sixth at finals. It could have been better, but that component of the staff did not fulfill their responsibilities in giving the members the best chance to maximize the show.

• Like 1