Cadets 2016

Tobias

I'm glad it's coming together as well. Great kids, great music.

Cool. Hopefully next year's "theme" will be a little more straight forward. Not as straight forward a theme as "TEN" lol - maybe more only the idea of "Angels & Demons" type complexity

These are 12 minute programs - you can't get that "deep" during them

it's amazing how well they've cleaned in a week

yea. They've got to clean their feet. The work is much improved, but the guard marches pretty poorly (so do some other "top" guards IMO) - and the corps proper toes aren't their usual

I'm sure Marc and the team there are working to improve these important details

Oh gosh. You lost me when you brought up the dreadful Boston animal farm production. One of the worst designed programs on this decade. And some of that staff infiltrated and has already been cast off by the Cadets this season and now they've had to spend the past month fixing all the bad drill, guard staging and ineffective clarity of design. The "story" such that it is, is now very clear on the field. And more importantly, the program is selling better on a surface level of good drill and clean movement with great music. Boston lacked all 3.

What?! No way. That Boston show was awesome in all facets, it just couldn't get cleaned

Cool. Hopefully next year's "theme" will be a little more straight forward. Not as straight forward a theme as "TEN" lol - maybe more only the idea of "Angels & Demons" type complexity

These are 12 minute programs - you can't get that "deep" during them

Generally, telling a story in 12 minutes with dance, marching, and music is difficult. I'm sure that's why some story telling shows ultimately add voice.

• Like 1

What?! No way. That Boston show was awesome in all facets, it just couldn't get cleaned

It was one of the worst designed programs of the last decade. It couldn't "get clean" because the drill was terrible and the music was arranged impossible for the members (or frankly any member of any corps)

Really terrible job by the designers. Members to their credit worked hard and made it the best it could be.

I feel the Cadets have the most improved show since mid-season. I do hope they can get the marching cleaned by finals. The staff and members should be congratulated on the HUGE improvement. I am very impressed with the guard work this year.

• Like 1

It was awful.
  • Like 1

Originally it was loosely based on plays and dance works about statues coming to life. Similar to the Night at the Museum type movies, lots of these stories thru the years. Then Hopkins attend a dance program which used the Awakening idea to the Mackey music and the idea of living as your authentic self became refined. Not meant to be communicated on the field, just as a secondary interpretation.

It is what it is. I'm just happy the music sounds great and the visual is catch up. Particularly the rapidly improving guard. I'm interested in how they build on this for 2017. 2015 program was emotionally flat.

How are the crowds reacting to the Cadets show?