Cadets 2016

Tobias

So the Black Knights are back to compete again in 2016 ? I'm ready, if so. From reports, they have a decent chance to possibly move up from 4th and medal this season too. ( oh, just kiddin')

Edited by BRASSO

I draw the line on allowing these to be played in DCI. The jug has a squishy & whistle like non appealing sound to the ears, imo. ( although the technique on the MM's in white T's looks good on the playing of the jug while marching, imo. )

and here I thought they were portable percussion instruments for that full field sound effect.

13062432_10154240334121349_4031829319592

Back in Black. Hopefully some accent colors that accentuate the great marching technique. Stripe pants stripes, sash and cross belt?

:cool:

archival photos from equipment chariots past or are they going to imitate that Boston move (where Darryl wrote previously) where they come AWAKE with the maroon,etc. underneath?

and here I thought they were portable percussion instruments for that full field sound effect.

archival photos from equipment chariots past or are they going to imitate that Boston move (where Darryl wrote previously) where they come AWAKE with the maroon,etc. underneath?

So wear two uniform jackets? Sounds heavy.

Edited by Screamer

So wear two uniform jackets? Sounds heavy.

and besides BAC, Bloo did it with the shirts underneath, and SCV did it with the pants (tunnel show), and...umpteen bands have done it with the shako and plume change... and....

DCI today is all about "layered" shows, no?

Edited by xandandl

are they going to imitate that Boston move (where Darryl wrote previously) where they come AWAKE with the maroon,etc. underneath?

I'm hoping The Cadets wake up before this. I loved the 80+ plus years of their traditional colors. Black is not their color, imo. Sports teams sometimes change their uniform stylings. But their School's traditional colors ? Not so much. This colors change here would be akin to the NY Yankees going out in lavender as their colors... and without the pinstripes... but with facial hair allowed by ownership. Why mess with something that for 80+ years wasn't broken at CadetsLand ? Perhaps change the uniform to something modern ? Ok, I probably wouldn't be for that either, but I could understand that a little easier. But change the 80 year Cadets uniform iconic colors ?... to mostly black ? Yikees..... its gonna take some getting used too for most alums & fans of The Cadets, thats for certain anyway. Corps with maybe 10-25 years of history change their colors sometimes, but thats different, as many of them never really had much history with their Corps colors to begin with. Not so Cadets. The Cadets have had 80 years of these Corps colors. But apparently no more.. Its sort of sad to see The Cadets lose their Corps Colors.... probably harder still though for many of their older alums that will miss their iconic colors that the Corps has had since before Babe Ruth retired from baseball, and the start of WW2.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I'm hoping The Cadets wake up before this. I loved the 80+ plus years of their traditional colors. Black is not their color, imo. Sports teams sometimes change their uniform stylings. But their School's traditional colors ? Not so much. This colors change here would be akin to the NY Yankees going out in lavender as their colors... and without the pinstripes... but with facial hair allowed by ownership. Why mess with something that for 80+ years wasn't broken at CadetsLand ? Perhaps change the uniform to something modern ? Ok, I probably wouldn't be for that either, but I could understand that a little easier. But change the 80 year Cadets uniform iconic colors ?... to mostly black ? Yikees..... its gonna take some getting used too for most alums & fans of The Cadets, thats for certain anyway. Corps with maybe 10-25 years of history change their colors sometimes, but thats different, as many of them never really had much history with their Corps colors to begin with. Not so Cadets. The Cadets have had 80 years of these Corps colors. But apparently no more.. Its sort of sad to see The Cadets lose their Corps Colors.... probably harder still though for many of their older alums that will miss their iconic colors that the Corps has had since before Babe Ruth retired from baseball, and the start of WW2.

Im very sure the old colors will be back when wanted. I think many alumni will be split on this. Many will want to remember what the tradition was and others just want the corps to continue and be successful and if the 2016 corps thinks they need to do this then so be it.

As i said i don't think the old colors will be gone for very long.

• Like 1

The Cadets can alternate between three uniform colors currently, would it have been a problem if they reused the 12' uniform again in 13'?

If they fully decide on the black uniform there are still other seasons to wear the maroon.

The Cadets can alternate between three uniform colors currently, would it have been a problem if they reused the 12' uniform again in 13'?

If they fully decide on the black uniform there are still other seasons to wear the maroon.

not if you are a rook-out for '16.

Besides, who is "they?" DeMoulin and Hopkins? (Yeah, yeah, I know how designing a show goes; I've done a few...)