Cadets 2016

Tobias

That's a small part of show but it's very Cadets and glad even with all the modernizing they've done with their shoe this year, they have clear ties to their past.

Do tell.

Cadets celebrate completion of show-is-on-the-field with annual Promenade followed by 6 a.m. wake-up call the next morning. Party hard, work hard...

Completely agree with you. I think it's a signature of their arrangements but I definitely think they overdo it and it translates into their visual "high velocity" drill becoming too much.

That's the 20 second finale of the shows first half. It's literally the only thing in the program arranged uptempo to the original. They needed a moment of speed and energy in the program before they go into the chilling and sad ballad. The closer is fast, but so is the source material.

Edited by George Dixon

Do tell.

Cadets celebrate completion of show-is-on-the-field with annual Promenade followed by 6 a.m. wake-up call the next morning. Party hard, work hard...

Wearing black shoes

That's the 20 second finale of the shows first half. It's literally the only thing in the program arranged uptempo to the original. They needed a moment of speed and energy in the program before they go into the chilling and sad ballad. The closer is fast, but so is the source material.

Yeah, I think it fits really well as a tag ending of the Pines of Rome section, it's the first time they really let loose and run and gun. Think it's incredibly effective in that way. I dig it.

BTW - I believe Hop indicated he'd be streaming live on Facebook again tonight, starting sometime between 6:00-6:30

Guard uniforms are supposed to arrive in Ada sometime today - I wonder if that means the new sashes for the regular uniforms are also due in. The new plumes were in Allentown as of a few days ago - I hope they also are in ADA before Monday.

Can't wait.

ec74b0322416080250e6089c4ab6a9d4.jpg

Are they sticking with black gloves? Gray might work well to accentuate the movement.

Absolutely agree but surely an easy adjustment. I'm just interested in the new plumes. That should help visuals a lot vs. last season.

BTW - I believe Hop indicated he'd be streaming live on Facebook again tonight, starting sometime between 6:00-6:30

Guard uniforms are supposed to arrive in Ada sometime today - I wonder if that means the new sashes for the regular uniforms are also due in. The new plumes were in Allentown as of a few days ago - I hope they also are in ADA before Monday.

Can't wait.

ec74b0322416080250e6089c4ab6a9d4.jpg

I really appreciate Hopkins for giving us almost daily streams and updates of the Cadets. While I don't fault corps for being secretive at all, I can definitely appreciate the open approach that the Cadets have

I really appreciate Hopkins for giving us almost daily streams and updates of the Cadets. While I don't fault corps for being secretive at all, I can definitely appreciate the open approach that the Cadets have

I totally agree. Obviously, it opens the door for criticism, but it also serves to whet the appetites of fans. And it gives us an opportunity to see the program grow, change, and evolve throughout the season. Very, very cool.