Cadets 2016

Tobias

It's not THAT out there, I mean, they're definitely modernizing this year but I haven't seen anything that gives me the "I've never seen something like that before!" impression.

No, I mean that despite the "modernizing," it's still not even close to as sophisticated as BD or Crown or Bluecoats in recent years. It's like someone told them they needed to take a Cadets show and add a coat of paint.

No, I mean that despite the "modernizing," it's still not even close to as sophisticated as BD or Crown or Bluecoats in recent years. It's like someone told them they needed to take a Cadets show and add a coat of paint.

I know what you're saying, but I want the Cadets to BE The Cadets, not Blue Devils or Crown. Love 'em all, but let's keep them unique. Cadets changed a bit this year, so let's see how that works for them.

• Like 1

I know what you're saying, but I want the Cadets to BE The Cadets, not Blue Devils or Crown. Love 'em all, but let's keep them unique. Cadets changed a bit this year, so let's see how that works for them.

In the 80s, the Cadets were at the forefront for innovation. They defined what drum corps looked and sounded like for another decade and more. They didn't throw anything from their past away in the process.

They did the same thing in 2005. It's impossible to look at the vocabulary of top designs even today and not see the shadow of Cadets 2005 loom over it. Again, they didn't throw anything away from their past.

For me, that's what is unique about The Cadets.

• Like 3

I

Why are Cadets arrangements so frantic? I can already tell I will walk away thinking they are the most talented players but it's just too much all the time.

Completely agree with you. I think it's a signature of their arrangements but I definitely think they overdo it and it translates into their visual "high velocity" drill becoming too much.

George Dixon said: "2005 was a perfect balance."

I saw the 2005 show in Rock Hill in a late June show. After seeing the show, I told the folks around me the Cadets would win the championship. They looked at me incredulously. Most of them were Crownies or pulling for the Cavies; there was hardly a Cadets fan in the house. Nice to know I was right!

Not sure about the show yet though I do like the direction of the guard. I'll let you know more after I see the show a few more times.

Because the show is so dissimilar to what everyone else is doing, design-wise, that either the judging community will reward it or it will fall into the third tier.

Well I recall the experts (on DCP) calling Cadets stale and needing change in direction. After 4th last year, I think they'd be foolish to not move into a different area design wise.

I

Why are Cadets arrangements so frantic? I can already tell I will walk away thinking they are the most talented players but it's just too much all the time.

That's a small part of show but it's very Cadets and glad even with all the modernizing they've done with their show this year, they have clear ties to their past. Edited by Tobias