Cadets 2016

Tobias

LotHype has videos of BD and Crossmen up.

http://www.lothype.com

Nice! I'm watching them now.

• Like 1

Nice! I'm watching them now. (BD)

Yes they sound good. Can't get a read on visual from so low. Guard is very good but mostly uses rifles/Sabres and not flags (which are the sloppiest this time of season) so they look clean. Not getting a feel for what the shows about?... Edited by Tobias

Visually, any reservations I may have had about Darryl have been laid to rest. He is a breath of fresh air. A much more modern approach with a bunch of classic Cadet visual cues in there as well.

Musically, they are picking up right where they left off last year. Both Ott and Sanford are well within their reach, IMO.

Guard is still the question mark at this point. Definitely the weakest performance caption right now, but I've no doubt they'll be clean by August. Add in better visual integration from DP, and there should be an improvement from last year.

GE/Concept.... It'll be interesting to see how this all gets tied together. The Pines of Rome stuff is stylistically a complete 180 from the back half of the show. It's not quite working for me right now, but it shouldn't, and I don't expect it to... yet. :)

Overall, I'm more intrigued than hyped right now. But, I expect that will change as things start gelling.

• Like 1

Yes they sound good. Can't get a read on visual from so low. Guard is very good but mostly uses rifles/Sabres and not flags (which are the sloppiest this time of season) so they look clean. Not getting a feel for what the shows about?...

Yes they sound good. Can't get a read on visual from so low. Guard is very good but mostly uses rifles/Sabres and not flags (which are the sloppiest this time of season) so they look clean. Not getting a feel for what the shows about?...

BD has some spots in their show that sound a little different than their normal sound which is refreshing but I couldn't tell what the show was about. I know it's based on the The Tempest but don't know how that all fits together. It will be another very interesting season for sure! I'm ready to see what the Bluecoats and Vanguard bring to the table as well! Should be a fun summer!

Visually, any reservations I may have had about Darryl have been laid to rest. He is a breath of fresh air. A much more modern approach with a bunch of classic Cadet visual cues in there as well.

Musically, they are picking up right where they left off last year. Both Ott and Sanford are well within their reach, IMO.

Guard is still the question mark at this point. Definitely the weakest performance caption right now, but I've no doubt they'll be clean by August. Add in better visual integration from DP, and there should be an improvement from last year.

GE/Concept.... It'll be interesting to see how this all gets tied together. The Pines of Rome stuff is stylistically a complete 180 from the back half of the show. It's not quite working for me right now, but it shouldn't, and I don't expect it to... yet. :)

Overall, I'm more intrigued than hyped right now. But, I expect that will change as things start gelling.

Visual best in years IMO. Show more organic and cohesive. Add in strong captions and should be a contender towards the tail end of season,

I think PoR is just introducing the "statue" concept into the show. Works for me. Watch the podiums 1 (left field) and 2 (right field). I think there's a bit more meaning to them than just platforms. Represents something.,.. Def some depth to this show..

• Like 1

Visual best in years IMO. Show more organic and cohesive. Add in strong captions and should be a contender towards the tail end of season,

I think PoR is just introducing the "statue" concept into the show. Works for me. Watch the podiums 1 (left field) and 2 (right field). I think there's a bit more meaning to them than just platforms. Represents something.,.. Def some depth to this show..

agree the visual is best in a long while - since 2011 / and the combo of visual music (for me) has the potential of being the best since 07 or even 05!

• Like 1

Although I like the thought of them winning the championship, it's really hard to tell without seeing what BD, Crown, Bluecoats, Vanguard and BK are bringing to the table. Has anyone else seen their shows? I know Crown's thread is really optimistic about their show this year. What about the other top corps?

That's like saying water's wet. Crown can do no wrong in the Crown thread.

• Like 2

That's like saying water's wet. Crown can do no wrong in the Crown thread.

Same as any corps in any thread that is their thread.

I'm loving Cadets too.

Same as any corps in any thread that is their thread.

I'm loving Cadets too.

I don't agree. If you read this thread, it's far from optimism and constant hype. The Crown thread is all unicorns and rainbows. I've read just about every thread on this site and the Crown one is by far the most saccharine.

• Like 2