Cadets 2016

Tobias

I don't agree. If you read this thread, it's far from optimism and constant hype. The Crown thread is all unicorns and rainbows. I've read just about every thread on this site and the Crown one is by far the most saccharine.

I call it like I see it, and I like Crown lots this year.

BD show doesn't seem to be as fleshed out at this point of the season, and their show isn't as ground breaking as other years.

I like Cadets lots this year too ( this is a Cadets thread after-all), but they're dirtier and less fleshed out at this point than

the other two.

So maybe people are gushing because they are good?

Edited by jjeffeory

Kids - Kristy is a big girl and Geroge is a big boy and what they do together in their relationship is none of anyone's business, end of story. George has successfully run that organization for 35 years. He eats, sleeps and breathes YEA and the Cadets. I don't care if he hires Kermit the Frog to teach guard, I would trust his decisions and not think twice about it. If y'all think you can do better, than find a corps and do it. In the real world nothing is as fair as we would like it to be. I'm sorry for Bruno, but that's life.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 2

I was at Crowns show tonight and there is plenty of room for improvement there. They have a great foundation for a very successful year but will need to add more to increase the difficulty. Talent wise - probably the most talented group they've had since 2013. The direction is there, the show is there, let's see what they do with it.

Cadets and BD will not be as accessible this year and are going to really have to work at it. The Bluecoats are the wild card in this whole thing - talking to a couple of Crown staffers tonight they say the word out of Canton is that those kids have an amazing book and the drums and horns are much improved.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting summer.

I call it like I see it, so I like Crown lots this year.

BD doesn't seem to be as fleshed out either, and their show isn't as ground breaking as other years/

I like Cadets lots this year too ( this is a Cadets thread afterall), but they're dirtier and less fleshed out at this point than

the other two.

• Like 1

I don't agree. If you read this thread, it's far from optimism and constant hype. The Crown thread is all unicorns and rainbows. I've read just about every thread on this site and the Crown one is by far the most saccharine.

You're not wrong

Sounds like a malcontent's worst nightmare.

It's got nothing to do with being a malcontent or a rebuke of the Crown show. I was just responding to a poster who was referring to the Crown thread as a reference for how well their show seemed to be this year. I was just pointing out that that thread may not have the most objective view.

Crown, Cadets, BD and Bluecoats are all off to great starts this season. It would be a huge mistake to compare any of the four corps at this stage in the game. All four have game plans and most are still in teaching mode. Some will learn at a faster pace (Hop has openly said they are moving at a different pace this season than in the past) and from what I've read and heard the Bluecoats show is a monster to put on the field. All will work itself out by the time the corps get to Texas. Until then, everyone take a deep breath and enjoy.

Edited by Newseditor44

Cadets D@mmit you BETTER be on your game this year. These corps are here for blood.

Crown performs their show very well. This time last year Cadets performed their show very well. When all the muck is cleaned and we start comparing "shows", that's when we get a better idea of who's going where.
  • Like 1

I was at Crowns show tonight and there is plenty of room for improvement there. They have a great foundation for a very successful year but will need to add more to increase the difficulty. Talent wise - probably the most talented group they've had since 2013. The direction is there, the show is there, let's see what they do with it.

Cadets and BD will not be as accessible this year and are going to really have to work at it. The Bluecoats are the wild card in this whole thing - talking to a couple of Crown staffers tonight they say the word out of Canton is that those kids have an amazing book and the drums and horns are much improved.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting summer.

I disagree. Cadets show was designed to be very accessible and it is. The deeper meaning of the show comes after multiple viewings but the visual, music and staging is quite great but certainly dirtier than Crown or BD.

I suspect Crown will come out very strong this year and Cadets will evolve as the season progresses. Almost as if both groups switched roles from last year.

Crown performs their show very well. This time last year Cadets performed their show very well. When all the muck is cleaned and we start comparing "shows", that's when we get a better idea of who's going where.

very well stated

Cadets are very dirty right now, Crown was stunningly impressive last night. BD didn't show it's full program yet. Haven't seen Bluecoats yet personally - so one corps could pass or surpass. Until we see them in about 2 weeks or so and we are comparing apples to apples it is very hard to compare