Cadets 2016

Tobias

Um...

It's June 21st. Anyone saying that "best hope" is 5th is either flat out misguided or has an agenda. That's just a ridiculous statement

Yes, and this show is leagues behind where they have been June 21st of the last several years. There's no way in he** this show is going to compete with BD and Crown. Again, I'll eat crow in August if this show finishes above 5th (unless they make massive changes). I won't be eating crow. Seriously - TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF! This show is a train wreck!

Edited by henry7184

The show is definitely top 4 material. Depending on what they do with it the next few weeks will determine whether it can be a championship show. Also, I could see this being a sort of transition year for the cadets, with some new staff coming aboard and experimenting with different things, road bumps are to be expected. I think the Cadets will be very enjoyable this year and I will love hearing them live on finals night

Yes, and this show is leagues behind where they have been June 21st of the last several years. There's no way in he** this show is going to compete with BD and Crown. Again, I'll eat crow in August if this show finishes above 5th (unless they make massive changes). I won't be eating crow. Seriously - TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF! This show is a train wreck!

And I think you're wrong. Just agree to disagree. It's a top 4 show, but in June anything can happen. You seem quite "certain" that they will fall out of the top 5, and personally I just think simple math makes that impossible. You have a top 3/2 brass line and a top 1/2 drum line, even if GE was 8th and guard 5th they would STILL be 5th. I mean, let's get real.

• Like 2

Interesting how different he you tube video comments are than some of them here

Hunter Chandler10 hours ago

first
Reply1
photo.jpg
I am totally shocked by how good they are. This is one hell of an interesting show. I can't envision this getting boring no matter how many times you view it; and just on this one-time viewing you can see that they have not even started putting all the elements together.
Reply2
photo.jpg
Oh my lord
photo.jpg
ohh i teared up from the ballad, why so amazing. D:

1. it was June 20th, just to be specific

2. here's the Cadets 2015 production from the exact same day, 2015, and this years corps isn't "leagues behind" last - frankly I think the guard is better, the drums and percussion similar and I (personally) prefer this years design, particularly the guard and staging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2J079JsRK8

Yes, I would tend to agree that the Cadets falling below 5th seems a stretch. If the Cadets get early judges season feedback that the show needs massive changes ( not saying it does ), the Corps will do so, and they have the MM talent to adjust. We know this too. The Cadets arrived at camp in late May, and the entire 2nd half of the visual show was scrapped entirely. A rewrite took place, (including imput from some MM vets), and the show, including that 2nd half visual, is now in place, and ready to roll out in approx. 52 hours for the 1st competition of the summer.

Edited by BRASSO

And I think you're wrong. Just agree to disagree. It's a top 4 show, but in June anything can happen. You seem quite "certain" that they will fall out of the top 5, and personally I just think simple math makes that impossible. You have a top 3/2 brass line and a top 1/2 drum line, even if GE was 8th and guard 5th they would STILL be 5th. I mean, let's get real.

It's fine George, I will be sure to come back to his comments at the end of the season

Why does George Dixon get wheeled into to a trollathon?

It's fine George, I will be sure to come back to his comments at the end of the season

Both of us.

Obviously not. I loved Toy Soldier!

If you loved it so much, you would have known the title was "Toy Souldier".

• Like 2