Cadets 2016

Tobias

Agreed. This is the downside of being open and transparent in the process like Cadets are. You open yourself up to every rival, critic, cut camp attendee and armchair show designer to pick every word apart.

Well, I'm not trying to pick nits here, but it's more the downside of launching a poorly conceived (or at least very incomplete) show concept.

No reason to pile on, though. It is painfully clear where all of the problems are and I give everyone credit for not trying to polish a turd. They are doing everything humanly possible to get this show pointed toward the top pack, and no doubt these kids are building blisters on top of blisters on top of callouses learning it!

• Like 3

Agreed. This is the downside of being open and transparent in the process like Cadets are. You open yourself up to every rival, critic, cut camp attendee and armchair show designer to pick every word apart.

You'd think the Cadets summoned a demon by sacrificing a bunch of babies the way some things have gone.

I just viewed Dekalb on Periscope. The last minutes of the Mackey are an aural assault of FFF dynamics. I would like to see a more effective build to the close.....maybe less frenetic. The brass and percussion talent is formidable for sure.

• Like 1

You'd think the Cadets summoned a demon by sacrificing a bunch of babies the way some things have gone.

Nah wasn't that Crown's Inferno or was it SCV's The Devil's Staircase?

Good point though, Sandonovan.

Well, I'm not trying to pick nits here, but it's more the downside of launching a poorly conceived (or at least very incomplete) show concept.

No reason to pile on, though. It is painfully clear where all of the problems are and I give everyone credit for not trying to polish a turd. They are doing everything humanly possible to get this show pointed toward the top pack, and no doubt these kids are building blisters on top of blisters on top of callouses learning it!

Yet it seems to happen more often than not.

Agreed. Particularly the closer. If they cut that to about 2 minutes and then had a tag ending to the show that brought things musically back to the beginning it would work better. They literally have about ten days to make such a change. Then they start running out of time to clean.

I think some musical resolution is what they need now as well. In the pre-season, I was kind of hoping for a Mackey/Respighi mashup, and I think incorporating certain elements of Pines of Rome into Wine Dark Sea could work really well.

• Like 1

I think some musical resolution is what they need now as well. In the pre-season, I was kind of hoping for a Mackey/Respighi mashup, and I think incorporating certain elements of Pines of Rome into Wine Dark Sea could work really well.

Good idea; they added a musical phrase (albeit very short and not noticeable to those who aren't looking for it) in the baritone section toward the end of Wine Dark Sea.

Seeing them in DeKalb last night I think I must be the only one in this topic with the opposite impression: they've removed a lot of the brass content from Wine Dark Sea that was there in the pre-season and it makes it much less effective. The last minute of the show however is the best it's been this season.

• Like 1

Seeing them in DeKalb last night I think I must be the only one in this topic with the opposite impression: they've removed a lot of the brass content from Wine Dark Sea that was there in the pre-season and it makes it much less effective. The last minute of the show however is the best it's been this season.

Don't disagree. The last minute is the part reworked. The middle part that was hosed is being cut I would imagine. That grid section is a horrible 45 seconds and must go. And quickly lol

• Like 1