Cadets 2016

Tobias

And when someone registers for a new anonymous account and starts posting inflammatory posts right out of the gate they aren't wishing to be a productive part of a discussion community, they are essentially a troll.

Experiencing social anxiety Georgy? Inflammatory! Wishing! Oh my Georgy, so you don't want the truth to get in the way of a good delusion? Choice of props, to use a rhetorical expression "lipstick on a pig". Forgive me or ignore me or don't let it worry you, ta ta for now.

• Like 1

TIL adding and rehashing music from 2 years ago in the last third of the season is a common design strategy

What music from 2 years ago?

Experiencing social anxiety Georgy? Inflammatory! Wishing! Oh my Georgy, so you don't want the truth to get in the way of a good delusion? Choice of props, to use a rhetorical expression "lipstick on a pig". Forgive me or ignore me or don't let it worry you, ta ta for now.

You're forgiven. Just become a part of the conversation. Constructive criticism or compliments, it's all good. Just being insulting doesn't really help the conversation or win fans. Obviously there are design issues with the program, seems like they are working hard to try and improve the show. Sounds like good work ethic and drum corps to me.

Edited by George Dixon

What music from 2 years ago?

Nevermind, I'm stupid and mixed two pieces of music

Nevermind, I'm stupid and mixed two pieces of music

No worries. I thought it was me lol. I think in the Cadets changes they need to tweak some of the transitions (mostly dynamics and a bit of phrasing) to make it flow better between now and Indy. I do like the show resolution a lot better now. The back half is much more "connected" to the first half. Still want them to lose the front stage and better highlight the two soloists in the intro of that final push.

Be interesting to see how they score tonight.

I love everything through Turning. One of my favorites of the year to that point.

Closer though has just become a rewrite minefield. Feel like they fix something one second, and then something else new feels like they tacked on to try and save it......honestly new ending feels really abrupt, tacked on, happy ending where the human wins and the bad guy loses and yay!

I wasn't a fan of the closer ever, but I feel like the last ending really worked. Emotionally, you could feel the absolute ripping of that character picking between statues and humanity. It wasn't happy, it was incredibly moving and emotionally ripping to me. It was dark, and I loved that.

I can understand the new one, understand the reprise, but I dunno. Feels like the cliche one where the guy gets the girl and yay. You could feel the consequence and weight of that choice in the old one.

It just feels like at this point they are doing everything to salvage the score, and that almost never works. The frantic rewrites at this point are not going to help. I feel like they needed to just write something they really felt worked and could get behind, and just went with it, and cleaned. It's way past time to clean. That's solely what is holding them back to me. Everyone else is changing too right now for that final WOW thing.

I mean, SCV has been competing with them pretty well with a show we know has a bunch of extras to be added, and what we know will be a new ending. They've been cleaning and adding for 4 days this week more than likely. If it's a home run I think they could have 4th locked up.

Regardless of all that. I'm more excited to see a Cadets show for the next year than ever. I think once the creases get ironed out, there could be something really exciting in there. I will take this over talking presidents and stuff like that any day.

• Like 2