Cadets 2016

Tobias

Yep. I don't see them being dumped by judges. They're still well in the mix for 4th and still more to clean up then SCV/Cavies. No easy task but considering they were 1.5 pts down last week from SCV, is say good improvement in past week and several big INDY days to refine and settle in.

From what I saw last night in the video feed, 4th place is still very much up for grabs. Cadets are in the mix, for sure.

• Like 2

This thread has gotten awfully quiet. Good luck tonight Cadets.

Well, when everyone gets chased away, that's probably what happens.

I agree though, good luck Cadets!

Edited by Cappybara

This thread has gotten awfully quiet. Good luck tonight Cadets.

I think they'll have a great run tonight

What some of the critiques are missing is the members I know (and the staff I know) are very excited about their program, the growth the last 2 weeks and their potential the next 7 days

They realize they probably won't medal - but they are having fun and want to finish strong!

The guard (including the vets from 2015) are most excited about their new staff and growth. They are young and having a great summer - bodes well for 2017

George

• Like 4

I live about an hour and a half from Buffalo....sure wish I were there tonight. Best of luck Cadets!!

which begs the question - why aren't you??

• Like 1

auldschool,

If you look at what they have done the past month, I think the staff they have is more that able to clean as well if not better than any staff they have had. Cadets don't make excuses, they just go to work. These kids are amazing and hope next year the ones that can will return. Great future for the Cadets. Oh and being 5th in brass.. the judges need to judge performance before them at the moment.

Jon I appreciate your faith in the visual team. And I hope you're right. But the past month I would say has been devoted mostly to learning all theset changes and trying to get them up to the same level as the rest of the show. When you look at some of the tougher drill moves that have not been changed I still see many of the sames errors being made. So the staff either has not had time to work on them or are struggling to fix them.

I think you have to really value the teachers they lost. They had tremendous experience. And are not just easily replaceable.

As far as the brass Jon...I am not sure what you're saying. Do you believe the brass must've had a bad run to fall to 5th?

• Like 1