Cadets 2016

Tobias

auldschool,

If you look at what they have done the past month, I think the staff they have is more that able to clean as well if not better than any staff they have had. Cadets don't make excuses, they just go to work. These kids are amazing and hope next year the ones that can will return. Great future for the Cadets. Oh and being 5th in brass.. the judges need to judge performance before them at the moment.

Are they not? Cadets hornline is loud. The sound quality, however, is not excellent in my opinion. And is it clean? It's a difficult show, musically. Judges don't just judge volume.

Edited by Baquan
  • Like 1

Are they not? Cadets hornline is loud. The sound quality, however, is not excellent in my opinion. And is it clean? It's a difficult show, musically. Judges don't just judge volume.

I was trying to get clarification of Jon's point. And loud...I don't care about loud. I never said I do. Tone quality, a resonant sound, clear articulations, solid attacks and releases, playing together, proper breathing...those are my favorite things.

• Like 1

I was trying to get clarification of Jon's point. And loud...I don't care about loud. I never said I do. Tone quality, a resonant sound, clear articulations, solid attacks and releases, playing together, proper breathing...those are my favorite things.

Totally agree. And for that reason, I think DCI should reassess where the weighted credit is being given in their current scoring methodology. If not, the real beauty of controlled, resonant volume and clear articulation will be lost to speakers and amps, which hide subtle - and sometimes not so subtle imperfections.

Totally agree. And for that reason, I think DCI should reassess where the weighted credit is being given in their current scoring methodology. If not, the real beauty of controlled, resonant volume and clear articulation will be lost to speakers and amps, which hide subtle - and sometimes not so subtle imperfections.

Amplification can also hide content...or lack there of. For example...I enjoy the Coats this year from an entertainment standpoint. But brass content is lacking g for them. So many moments where the brass is essentially just the amplified quartet. Crown, Cadets and BD all have stronger overall music content. And those corps lay it out there for all to hear...it's exposed and not hidden by amplification.

• Like 1

After seeing this show live at Allentown, videos definitely do not this show justice, they are LOUD!!

• Like 1

Music is way ahead of visual and GE... shows who needs to step up next year. Props should be well made and designed at this level

Have you ever marched in a drum corps?

The demand in their show this year is much harder to achieve at the level they want to reach than props and design.

Still 6 days to max out as much as possible.

Edited by 20XXMM