Cadets 2016

Tobias

I don't understand....

I remember posts from spring training where people were gushing about the show.

It seems to me that many of these people abandoned ship when the judges got to it.

Suddenly it was a mess?

Still don't understand......

• Like 1

I don't understand....

It seems to me that many of these people abandoned ship when the judges got to it.

Suddenly it was a mess?

Or the hype train derailed and those posters jumped on other bandwagons.

I put this show above 14' and 15' but their placement probably jaded some people's views on the corps honestly.

Edited by 20XXMM

I don't understand....

Suddenly it was a mess?

I've been saying this all season.

• Like 1

Or the hype train derailed and those posters jumped on other bandwagons.

I put this show above 14' and 15' but their placement probably jaded some people's views on the corps honestly.

Or a show is only good if someone else validates that it is good?

Or a show is only good if someone else validates that it is good?

The point is, it's best to not count your chickens before they hatch and don't form your opinions of a show based on how a green shirt judges it. Stick with your own mind. Art is subjective. Some like certain things, others don't.

• Like 1

Have you seen his other posts today/last night? He's just awfully bitter right now, I'm sure he'll come around.

The Cadets have put out an amazing product regardless of score, especially considering how much they've had to rewrite.

Comparing the show in the preseason to now, it has gone through a commendable evolution and as long as they learn from the mistakes (and it seems like Hopkins is coming to realize them), the season will be worth it.

I'm sorry. I am being an absolute beast I know. I just follow the Cadets from audition camps to finals and its draining when the season is as tumultuous as this one has been. Every show the numbers are a disappointment and I see all this amazing improvement and numbers don't reflect it and as a homer, you always see your group through a different set of lenses but YES IM SORRY!! 😞
  • Like 2

I know I was superhyped about the music particularly the snareline during the offseason. When I saw the visual package, I was a bit shocked to say the least. I've never jumped off the bandwagon. I've been rooting for this show to finally gel. However, with major rewrites occurring so far into the season, I pretty much knew we weren't going to contend. Growing pains this year with the new approach.

I know I was superhyped about the music particularly the snareline during the offseason. When I saw the visual package, I was a bit shocked to say the least. I've never jumped off the bandwagon. I've been rooting for this show to finally gel. However, with major rewrites occurring so far into the season, I pretty much knew we weren't going to contend. Growing pains this year with the new approach.

Agreed. The show itself is very good now but an entire season of rewrites put us behind the curve. Lessons learned. Still really proud of how well they're performing it with 50% of the show two weeks old, Great turn around and kids still should be proud of themselves. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1