Cadets 2016

Tobias

I was actually thinking about this this morning.

Has anyone ever produced a show that had multiple endings, and you didn't know which one you would get? Sort of like Clue? That would be an incredible concept that could have an as yet unseen ending at Finals. Pretty freaking cool if you had the right concept!

IIRC George wanted to do this exact show several years ago--maybe 2007 or 2008?

If Hopkins is still at the helm for show design next year I would love to see some of his other ideas that never came to fruition. Remember him proposing an "open source" show design that would be designed and iterated by evaluating requests from the fan community?

George admitting that critiques have been right. I respect that

Hopefully the critiques also said to step out of the design process so your corps can move back up to being contenders for 1st not 5th next season. What a waste a sick talent.
  • Like 1

If Hopkins is still at the helm for show design next year I would love to see some of his other ideas that never came to fruition. Remember him proposing an "open source" show design that would be designed and iterated by evaluating requests from the fan community?

I think the consensus is he was great in the "music in motion design" days but is very out of his league now with show design and should really just manage YEA and hire a top designer to run the Cadets program development. He's great working with Gino, Jay and Colin on the music stuff but his "show ideas" just don't work and his micromanaging of the creative staff has caused great people to leave.
  • Like 2

Hopefully the critiques also said to step out of the design process so your corps can move back up to being contenders for 1st not 5th next season. What a waste a sick talent.

Omg will you let. it. go. Did you read his facebook post?

• Like 2

Omg will you let. it. go. Did you read his facebook post?

Have you seen his other posts today/last night? He's just awfully bitter right now, I'm sure he'll come around.

The Cadets have put out an amazing product regardless of score, especially considering how much they've had to rewrite.

Comparing the show in the preseason to now, it has gone through a commendable evolution and as long as they learn from the mistakes (and it seems like Hopkins is coming to realize them), the season will be worth it.

• Like 2

Have you seen his other posts today/last night? He's just awfully bitter right now, I'm sure he'll come around.

The Cadets have put out an amazing product regardless of score, especially considering how much they've had to rewrite.

Comparing the show in the preseason to now, it has gone through a commendable evolution and as long as they learn from the mistakes (and it seems like Hopkins is coming to realize them), the season will be worth it.

This is the point, exactly. From what I read from GH's post, he clearly seemed to realize his mistakes this season. It takes a big person to admit when they're wrong. Hell, even FTNK gave him credit for it.

I am erring on the side of cautious optimism that this will be a learning experience and that next year will be a much better year for Cadets. In the meantime, the show this year is much improved and I hope the members max it out these final two days.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

Part of me is kind of shocked their Music caption magically went from being tied with Bloo this past Sunday to dropping to their placement. Are the judges just beginning the magical slotting phase within captions?

I was in the theater last night and I definitely put them above Scv by at least .3.