Would Anyone Like to See.....

DEFINITELY not. I much prefer the activity and its member corps push forward and innovate, not recycle played-out ideas. "throwback" type shows rarely competitively work out for the corps, especially relative to original success. With Legacy DVDs and Essential Blu-rays I'm more than happy revisiting the good ol' days through digital media rather than in some rehashed rerun

This. I would rather see corps make new classics, not replay old ones.

Mike

• Like 1

You are correct HD. Keith, I would not like to see it happen.

Haha ok. I didn't answer either. So my answer is Sure. Why not? It's just one year - mix it up a bit.

I'm sort of surprised the OP would think that we all here would not be be pretty much all in agreement on this. ( opps....., HockeyDad would be in favor of it, just noticed )

Does Keith Hall want these Corps to play their DCI classics again in competition ? He hasn't told us his position on this.

Edited by BRASSO

Not the original charts! But take tune and update to the instrumentaion of today.

Not the original charts! But take tune and update to the instrumentaion of today.

Nah... I wouldn't even want to see these corps do that. Its been tried before.. and generally, the results were a mixed bag.. at best.

Besides,. Corps in competition that have brought out former songs, with different arrangements, with newer instrumentation, have generally suffered entertainment wise compared with the earlier better written rendition of their song. So I can see why most of today's DCI music arrangers are hesitant to revisit something like this in the music selected to accompany their more visually complex shows of today.

Edited by BRASSO

Gottcha: BD can do the version of "Channel One Suite" from the 'Burning for Buddy volume II' tribute album featuring Buddy Rich's daughter Cathy singing new lyrics on on top of the melody lines!!! :tongue::tongue:

(note: I am VERY MUCH being sarcastic, and don't even recommend anyone here tracks down the not-so-great version of Buddy's signature chart)

Does anybody here think that Hollywood could do a remake of the classic movie " Casablanca ".... with all the newest updated technology, sound effects, addition of color, etc. added.... and it would be better than the original written and performed over 70 years ago ?

I don't. My guess,.. Hollywood doesn't think so either.

Edited by BRASSO