Tanglewood Brass Spetacular

https://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/77918/

Sorry HT, you'll have to have a luncheon date with someone else this year. Twice as many corps warm ups will be really nice in the lawn areas. DON'T forget the ear plugs.

(My kingdom for another "c" in spectacular.)

and now someone needs to let Tanglewood folks know that Blue coats is spelled "Bluecoats" - pet peeve of mine #268

this concert should be amazing - I hope they hand out earplugs at the entrance

• 3 months later...

Great time last year at Tangle wood. I have 98.5 on all the time in the car.

Boston Crusaders 75th anniversary celebration Part 2!

This was a great show last year. It was hard enough getting BAC and Blue Devils on stage together, I can imagine getting four will be quite a challenge. And yes, ear plugs will be necessary.

This could be the beginning of a great tradition. Some of the brass members of the BSO/Boston Pops have drum corps backgrounds (no surprise there) and I'd be willing to bet some wished they could relive their youth. Most of the people at last year's show were drum corps fans, mostly BAC alums that started celebrating at the Foxboro show and had a grand finale at Tanglewood. There were some first timers. A man sitting near me had his grandson who was entering 6th grade and played trumpet. Needless to say the kid wants to march drum corps after seeing that show and Grandpa purchased every Blue Devil Boston Crusader souvenir available. It would be great if this show was broadcast through PBS. Some Tanglewood concerts of the Boston Pops and BSO concerts are, and the BSO has a staff person who has, as one of his/her job duties, the responsibility of securing performance rights for pieces performed by the Boston Pops, so we may not have the licensing issues we get with DCI.

The current 2015 Youtube video of Boston/ Blue Devils with the Boston Symphony Orchestra playing enmasse Tchaikovsky's " 1812 Overture " is one of my favorite goto Drum Corps videos. What a great moment for Drum Corps, and kudos to the people at the Boston Crusaders that initiated this collaborative effort with the BSO. Its great to learn that this season's format has been expanded due to the success of last's year's efforts, and to see additional DCI corps now added is fantastic news. It looks like I won't make this year's Tanglewood show, as we'll be traveling this week.... but I would imagine the collaborative effort btw the BSO and these DCI Corps will be videotaped once again this season. 'Hope so anyway.

• Like 2

https://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/77918/

Sorry HT, you'll have to have a luncheon date with someone else this year. Twice as many corps warm ups will be really nice in the lawn areas. DON'T forget the ear plugs.

(My kingdom for another "c" in spectacular.)

Much to my greatest sadness, Ghost. But I do understand. However, I WILL be thinking of you, Sir -- and missing the great afternoon we shared. Won't be quite the same...

Edited by HornTeacher

and now someone needs to let Tanglewood folks know that Blue coats is spelled "Bluecoats" - pet peeve of mine #268

this concert should be amazing - I hope they hand out earplugs at the entrance

I thought the one and only Michael Boo complained about this...lol...I kid...

• Like 1

I thought the one and only Michael Boo complained about this...lol...I kid...

I'm surprised he did not jump in and correct it. He must be too busy with his "Caption this" photos on Facebook.