2016 Uniform Thread

Show us YOUR designs, then.

Easy to #####, ####, and moan about it;...

It's not #####ing, it's an opinion. I think most of these are fugly too. So what? You apparently do like them. That's cool too. I don't think I, or anyone else here, needs to pass a qualification test in order to give an opinion on a subject. I see people make statements like yours on here all the time and I just don't get it.

Every uniform I've seen so far this year except Phantom's is utterly hideous. Designers are outsmarting themselves. In my opinion uniforms are about Corps Identity, not show theme. I shouldn't have to look in my program to see which corps is coming on the field next. It ought to be obvious as soon as I see them step on the field.

I do not like Phantom and love all the others so far especially Blue Knights. Although, I wish they all took them a step further and made the jump to show specific looks. Ditch the uniforms and let's go the WGI route. I marched in the 90's but I love that these corps are finally evolving.

Let's just hope the only change the Bluecoats make is a sash change. IMO, their uniforms are one of the best in DCI History. I'd flip out if they change.

I would love to see them make a big change. The "police" look does not fit with the show ideas. I guess the current look would have worked with Criminal back in 2007.

I would love to see them make a big change. The "police" look does not fit with the show ideas. I guess the current look would have worked with Criminal back in 2007.

It is modern and matches the corps identity really well. I think it has been one of the best uniforms of the past 3 years. I don't see a need to change it just for the sake of matching a shows' nitty gritty details.

• Like 1

I feel their current uniform fits them perfectly. I dislike when a corps change an entire uniform to fit a show theme (with the exception of Phantom), and I'd much rather have just a simple sash change to match the show theme. The uniform is also about maintaining a corps' identity, and not just representing the show. These uniforms are actual BlueCOATS. That's what I didn't like about the '07-'12 uniforms. The design was decent (it'd work on any band with a blue color scheme), but if you looked at them, the only thing that would make you look at them and think of the Bluecoats is the blue color.
  • Like 1

kSGOprV.jpg

Wow you should design their colorguard unis from now on. Looks much better!

I feel their current uniform fits them perfectly. I dislike when a corps change an entire uniform to fit a show theme (with the exception of Phantom), and I'd much rather have just a simple sash change to match the show theme. The uniform is also about maintaining a corps' identity, and not just representing the show. These uniforms are actual BlueCOATS. That's what I didn't like about the '07-'12 uniforms. The design was decent (it'd work on any band with a blue color scheme), but if you looked at them, the only thing that would make you look at them and think of the Bluecoats is the blue color.

Blue Devils shouldn't have to wear blue. Bluecoats shouldn't have to wear blue coats. Didn't they wear a different color jacket in their history? Let all the old military looks die!

Blue Devils shouldn't have to wear blue. Bluecoats shouldn't have to wear blue coats. Didn't they wear a different color jacket in their history? Let all the old military looks die!

Not This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1