Blue Knights 2016

RPK

Ok, time to throw my two cents in...

I just spent the last half an hour or so reading up on what y'all are saying, and I'm just gonna say it; as of now, all of you are correct. Those of you who are incorrect, won't have said incorrectness revealed until their first show, when all of our questions will be answered in grand fashion.

You probably won't find a much bigger non-vet BK honk than me. I auditioned for the snareline last November, and will loyally fly to Denver over and over again until I earn a spot. I'm listening to the closer from "Because..." as I'm typing this. And after seeing - and hearing - this year's musical selections, I'm not sure I can put into words how thrilled and anxious I am to see how they close out the trilogy.

I think that's part of it: now knowing that 2014, 2015, and 2016 are the three components of a trilogy allows me to have a whole new appreciation for the story they're trying to tell here. Personally, I think it's pretty darned genius: here we have (supposedly) a girl who is on her death bed. In one portion of the story, she (in first person) lives the last second of her life. In the next, a third party reflects on her life's purpose and greatness. Now, we're about to witness the third portion of the story: her death and its aftermath. Oh man, I get chills just thinking about it.

Personally, I would think that many death-themed shows in a row would become boring for audience and member alike, but not in this case. The members obviously know that these three years are being used to tell one story, and if it were me in spring training right now, I wouldn't be able to hold on to my excitement. Even keeping track at home gets me way too riled up than it probably should, but I don't care. Lol

Just wanted to throw out some fresh totally-not-at-all-no-way-biased opinion out there for pickins. As you can probably tell by now, I'm way too excited for this season.

Hmmm, makes me look forward to next year: what will they do when their story is finished?

*turns on "Saturn"*

• Like 6

Hmmm, makes me look forward to next year: what will they do when their story is finished?

They'll reflect on their very first DCI bronze medal... and continue their journey to entertain. :)

• Like 1

Any updates about the show? I know what every section looks like when they're eating or sleeping, but no clue about the show :\ (That was a snarky snapchat remark, btw).

• Like 1

Gorgon is coming along nicely. That opener is going to shock people. It gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it. Wonderful way to start the show

• Like 2

Any updates about the show? I know what every section looks like when they're eating or sleeping, but no clue about the show :\ (That was a snarky snapchat remark, btw).

What are you talking about? That IS the show. On finals night, they're going to integrate their end-of-season banquet into the closer. Then they'll break out the air mattresses and fall asleep on the field. :-)

Gorgon is coming along nicely. That opener is going to shock people. It gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it. Wonderful way to start the show

I saw the Memorial Day show-and-tell of that (minus the drum line). I wound up thinking to myself, "They could make this even crazier, couldn't they?"

• Like 1

I can't WAIT to see what they do with Saturn as the closer. It would rock people's worlds as the ballad, but as the closer, there won't be a person in that stadium who isn't crying by the end.

Well....I definitely will be. But maybe that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3