Blue Knights 2016

RPK

Gotta jump in for defense on Wes too. He's a BK homer for sure, but as homers come he is about as fair of one as you can find. I always respect and enjoy what he has to say. If you have been on here awhile you should know that.

God, I can't wait until a week from now after DATR so we can talk about their #### show already. I understand some grievances but this #### is getting old fast. I don't understand why it suddenly exploded this year. Is it because they aren't that far behind the Scouts?

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

Gotta jump in for defense on Wes too. He's a BK homer for sure, but as homers come he is about as fair of one as you can find. I always respect and enjoy what he has to say. If you have been on here awhile you should know that.

God, I can't wait until a week from now after DATR so we can talk about their #### show already. I understand some grievances but this #### is getting old fast. I don't understand why it suddenly exploded this year. Is it because they aren't that far behind the Scouts?

Maybe? Scouts alum/homers have been unusually anxious about scores this season

• Like 2

Yeah, it's demoralizing to give a paying audience a complete show. You are the most biased person I have seen on here.

Well, then obviously you've never read any of my stuff...

:tounge2:

Edited by garfield

My guess is the hype has pushed people to wanting more. We constantly hear on here from a couple "you guys are going to love the closer its amazing" or "this is going to be a beast one they add this "but what everyone else sees is half the show. It's like holding the wad of money infront of you but saying you can't have it.

Yeah, it's demoralizing to give a paying audience a complete show. You are the most biased person I have seen on here.

Seriously, Henry, let it lie. Your griping about it won't help their show or their standings, and they run the program, not you.

I lost you when you claimed "demoralizing"; those kids are as dialed in to their timeline as any other corps. They're on a schedule set by the staff, not by the kids.

Some corps do it differently. I've seen BK two nights in a row in SoCal and I'm not thrilled that the show isn't done.

But I AM thrilled with the show I see so far. You should be, too, methinks.

Patience, young Jedi. Patience, you need.

(Keep it up Wes. Be not distracted by the slings and arrows.)

• Like 6

Seriously, Henry, let it lie. Your griping about it won't help their show or their standings, and they run the program, not you.

I lost you when you claimed "demoralizing"; those kids are as dialed in to their timeline as any other corps. They're on a schedule set by the staff, not by the kids.

Some corps do it differently. I've seen BK two nights in a row in SoCal and I'm not thrilled that the show isn't done.

But I AM thrilled with the show I see so far. You should be, too, methinks.

Patience, young Jedi. Patience, you need.

(Keep it up Wes. Be not distracted by the slings and arrows.)

I never brought up demoralizing. I was merely countering Wes's snide comment about Madison feeling demoralized.

I think it's because BK is now a "top 6 corps"-- the standard is higher in this realm of the competition.

The top of my post from earlier...."They're performing well, what's demoralizing about that? They're losing to a great drum corps named Madison who cannot seperate from them."

Wow, I take my kids swimming for awhile and come back to fireworks before the 4th. I've been promoted from BK homer guy to Most Biased Person on DCP.... Do I get a WWE style belt for that?😜 Ok, so thanks for all of you backing me, totally not necessary, but I appreciate it. I put the first part of the post I wrote in question. The part my accuser is forgetting about is where I stated a great Madison Scouts corps is who they're losing to. Not sure how that makes me really biased. I stated a fact that feeling demoralized is something that's very odd to say. Madison and BK both are stepping up this year, so the overreaction to the BK not finished show has got to have adverse effect on Madison fans as they're complaining about it. Even my accuser friend was on the Scouts Thread discussing this very thing and snickering at any notion that BK is going to be very good.

Look, for the record I've marched, worked with, recruited for and still maintain a strong relationship to friends who still work with this corps since my marching days. Am I biased? Naw, I love and respect all drum corps but I know a bit more about BK than some others. That said, I've had my students march Glassmen, Blue Stars, Madison, Crown, Crossmen, Genesis, Revolution, Guardians and yes BK. But I promise you, I love corps period. BK is not going to win the title this year or be top 3. I think they'll be in a dog fight with Phantom, Madison and likely Cavies for 6-9. As it was a year ago. Early on in this thread I said it was going to be a special year for BK and it has nothing to do with placement. Most biased person on here? Wow, I hope not, but BK sure has a lot to like:) and so do the rest of the corps this summer! Have a good 4th all!!! Happy BDay Murica!

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 2