Blue Devils 2016

The only corps really doing anything "outside of the box" this year are the Bluecoats, and even then I see a ton of similarities between their show structure here and the past two years. But it's fine, I'm not here to convince you to change your opinion, I'm just trying to explain to you what is new about BD since you asked. You're free to form your own opinion :smile:

No worries, appreciate the banter. I've always been and outside of the box guy, so I am always going to lean toward the risk takers. I know that rewarding risk taking is really not the MO of DCI, but rather how effectively you perfect and perform whatever concept you choose. But the rebel in me would be fascinated to see shows as opposite as Vanguard and Coats win medals in the same season. Would Imo say a lot about the strength of the idiom.

No worries, appreciate the banter. I've always been and outside of the box guy, so I am always going to lean toward the risk takers. I know that rewarding risk taking is really not the MO of DCI, but rather how effectively you perfect and perform whatever concept you choose. But the rebel in me would be fascinated to see shows as opposite as Vanguard and Coats win medals in the same season. Would Imo say a lot about the strength of the idiom.

I don't think you could've gotten any crazier than we did in 2012. Cabaret Voltaire, For the Common Good, and Turandot were really in some very different spectrums.

• Like 1

Sort of off-topic, but was anyone at the Rose Bowl last night who could give a specific comment on their props? It was impossible to tell what they were on periscope.

I don't think you could've gotten any crazier than we did in 2012. Cabaret Voltaire, For the Common Good, and Turandot were really in some very different spectrums.

Turandot is probably my favorite Phantom show, including Spartacus...idk why, I just really like that show lol

Ok, I'll start us off.

...I was wrong about the preview performance. Shaming myself as a BD fan. I'm blown away by how much this show has changed in the last few weeks.

Well, I didn't really care for the show when I saw the preview, but I kind of figured the back to back champs would pull something out...I mean they literally haven't been below 5th place since 1975, have received a gold or silver medal the last 9 years...I couldn't bring myself to doubt them.

They will finish 1st or 2nd this year...I feel like it's almost guaranteed. lol

• Like 1