Blue Devils 2016

Never read the tempest, saw BD last night, totally could see an amazing story bing told and could hear the Doom, and Love portrayed..
Came home, found out what the show was based on, and read a synopsis of "The Tempest". I was blown away I saw so much of the story on the field.

Bravo BD. Brain candy and drum corps~

• Like 5

Haha okay that was brutal too, I just didn't want the crownies coming after me

don't worry -- we're watching you Cappy!

btw -- on the "John do you love me" I'm torn.

on the one hand, i much prefer live performers over canned any day. the crown narrator came SO FAR in that season. compare the early season performance to the Indy performances. talk about cringe.

on the other hand, it's hard to match the quality of the narration in the original EOTB. it would be very unusual to find such a voice in drum corps.

on the gripping hand, the way Crown merged that spoken word with a song from a sci-fi flick still astounds me!

don't worry -- we're watching you Cappy!

btw -- on the "John do you love me" I'm torn.

on the one hand, i much prefer live performers over canned any day. the crown narrator came SO FAR in that season. compare the early season performance to the Indy performances. talk about cringe.

on the other hand, it's hard to match the quality of the narration in the original EOTB. it would be very unusual to find such a voice in drum corps.

on the gripping hand, the way Crown merged that spoken word with a song from a sci-fi flick still astounds me!

Oh for sure. What Crown did with the narration given the fact that they used an inexperienced narrator is definitely impressive. I myself am a fan of BK's pre-recorded narration so in that way I'm biased.

Oh for sure. What Crown did with the narration given the fact that they used an inexperienced narrator is definitely impressive. I myself am a fan of BK's pre-recorded narration so in that way I'm biased.

not in love with canned narration. voice is a legitimate instrument and there 150 of them on the field. use them.

i get that it (canned) improves the overall production. but it feels like cheating. i know -- it's legal. but... there it is.

Edited by corpsband

I was just looking through some old favorite shows, and I remembered how much I loved the BD preseason/studio recording of their 2000 show. I think this was recorded in early June, and boy is it special.

https://bluedevils.org/mediabox/index.php?module=audio&season=2000&tagID=0&assetID=11906

One of my favorite BD horn books

I was just looking through some old favorite shows, and I remembered how much I loved the BD preseason/studio recording of their 2000 show. I think this was recorded in early June, and boy is it special.

https://bluedevils.org/mediabox/index.php?module=audio&season=2000&tagID=0&assetID=11906

The high school I taught at last year tried to play this in their show. It didn't sound like this :p