C2 vs everyone

There is a bit of an irony here that a corps which once was a junior corps, re-surfaced as an all-age corps, and now is being discussed relative to minimum age membership in DCA.

When the Kilties were first founded in 1934 the format was "all boys" with the age range from 8 to 14 years old----throughout the history of the corps; the age limits changed, "all boy" went to all male, all male went to coed, all male over 21 when the corps formally re-emerged in 92, to co-ed in guard in 99, to full coed in 2000, with formally lowering the age (from 21) in the fall of 2002.

I actually do know the factual answer. The answer is, there is no limit on the age of any DCA participant, upper or lower, imposed...wait for it...BY THE CIRCUIT. Additionally, there are no rules in place the require any DCA corps to restrict or not restrict by age.

What Cadets2 has *chosen* to do is restrict *themselves*. They have elected to put them selves at a disadvantage when it comes to recruiting bodies.

So how, exactly, is that unfair to anyone?

I would venture to bet and lay down good money that if you were to ask the fine folks at C2 if they felt restricted by their a

Self imposed age restriction..... They would disagree 100% with you.

CleArly todAys DCA is younger faster more . It's not going to surprise me one bit to see C2 age restriction the new model for DCA. Especially if and when they win a title doing so.

Everyone likes to build a race car that wins on Sunday !!!!

Edited by camel lips

If GH wasn't involved with Cadets organization, this whole C2 thinking would be different from day one. It's just that people have this negative opinion for GH and the kids and staff get dumped on. C2 have been a good corps since its beginning and they get better but there is a good program there that is competitive in DCA (top 5) and it's a corps that is still doing something. Brigs, Cru, Statesmen, Westshoremen, Matadors, Kingston, etc are all gone now. How many organization have more than one group competing nationally....SCV and BD....anyone else?

Colts and Colt Cadets.

The Cadets2 parents sitting around me at Finals certainly thought that Buccaneers had the winning show, repeatedly offering variations on: "They're just so fast!"

See, they're fast, but there were a lot of fracked notes, intonation issues, and foot problems to me that I didn't see in C2. Again, that's just my take.

Close C.H. butt no cigar, (ah, cigars. I miss those days). The original question was about c2 having an age restriction.

I wasn't "picking" on c2, just wondering if an actual all age corps can also be winners.

The question has been answered butt it has been fun and interesting.

See y'all when I look at you... :wow:

If C2 is in an "all age" circuit what is the problem with them being younger with an age restriction? Cadets2 is part of yea which does contain "youth" within the name. Having older people within the corps would soil this said youth.

The average age of the corps as of now is 18 last they told us. Older by the year I suppose 😀

Edited by Screamer

I think "soil" is a rather negative term here. If they wish to emphasize "Youth" and all that entails, that's fine with me! But I never felt "soiled" when I performed for 6 seasons with adults older than 26, man. I was enriched by the experience.

I think "soil" is a rather negative term here. If they wish to emphasize "Youth" and all that entails, that's fine with me! But I never felt "soiled" when I performed for 6 seasons with adults older than 26, man. I was enriched by the experience.

Agreed.

If C2 is in an "all age" circuit what is the problem with them being younger with an age restriction? Cadets2 is part of yea which does contain "youth" within the name. Having older people within the corps would soil this said youth.

The average age of the corps as of now is 18 last they told us. Older by the year I suppose 😀

I'm pretty sure I read where the average age just 2 years ago was 18 at C2 and something like 20 ish overall at the DCA competive level . I would expect both of those numbers to be down somewhat two years later .

I'm pretty sure I read where the average age just 2 years ago was 18 at C2 and something like 20 ish overall at the DCA competive level . I would expect both of those numbers to be down somewhat two years later .

Being a current MM of C2, I believe I would be informed of the corp's overall age.

Edited by Screamer
  • Like 1