C2 vs everyone

...which was established last summer as the complete fallacy that it is.

Please explain, I'm curious-. The long white leg along the body really made it pretty daggone easy for me to ID individual phasing and technique issues when C2 started out....

Please explain, I'm curious--The long white leg along the body really made it pretty daggone easy for me to ID individual phasing and technique issues when C2 started out....

I expect John is referring to how Cadets1 switched to all-black uniforms for the last couple weeks of 2015 . . . and saw their scores stagnate (relatively speaking).

Edited by N.E. Brigand

The 2015 corps also marched markedly better than previous iterations, which was also easily noticeable, even early on in the season. I don't include the battery in that- they always had their act together from day one, mainly brass with the feet issues that had folks poking me in the stands and gesticulating. :satisfied:

The poking stopped last season, the folks were too busy appreciating the show and enjoying it.

Right on C.H. Gotcha.

Kamarag, uummm, the average 16 to 25 year old body is in better shape than the average 26 + year old.

It's all good. I was mostly curious. Now I know.

Off of the age "thing", it's also kinda cool so many good "all-age corps" are in striking distance of each other. Or is striking the wrong word. :wow:

Sometimes experience trumps youth

• Like 2

Please explain, I'm curious-. The long white leg along the body really made it pretty daggone easy for me to ID individual phasing and technique issues when C2 started out....

The idea that black hides dirt while white exposes it was a fallacy that was put to bed by the direct comparison enabled by Cadets in-season switch from light to dark in 2015. Most folks knew it was bunk, but now everyone does.

• Like 1

The idea that black hides dirt while white exposes it was a fallacy that was put to bed by the direct comparison enabled by Cadets in-season switch from light to dark in 2015. Most folks knew it was bunk, but now everyone does.

From personal experience... the local-circuit junior corps where I marched pretty much torched that "black hides dirt" fallacy in 1975 and 1976... when we wore red cadet-style jackets and black pants, and couldn't march our way out of a paper bag. :tongue:

So the Cadets in 2015 were late to the party...LOL

• Like 1

I think in most cases it's not that black hides better than white it's what is with it. Will black pants with white shoes hide. No those shoes will jump out at ya . If I hang fringe off white pants YeS it will do the same or dark shoes with white pants. When some corps changed from white bucks like Cavies did bitd it made a much cleaner line. I think its not color but what was put with it to hide or jump out and scream at ya.

I did say "average" 16 to 25 year old rather than 26 to Mel Brooks 2000 year old man :wow: .