Is it a mistake?

Again, IMO this is designed to cut web traffic to sites that compete against DCI's web presence, such that it is. Remember last season when the scores were released before they were announced at the actual show? Instead of improving their own site, IMO DCI is trying to squelch others by controlling the data.

Just follow the money or, in this case, the eyeballs.

Except I suspect it back fires

very disappointed that the scores are not broken down to captions, big mistake by DCI

Well Dennis helpfully told us the caption winners in the theater. Bloo took both GE, percussion. Crown took guard & brass.

I'm sure the recap police are having a few words with him now...

I thought I heard something at the broadcast about the Bluecoats winning percussion. So, can I assume if you're "somebody" (not just the Corps staff), you can get the real scoop?

• Like 1

I still cant believe that the decision was made to not release recap details. So much for transparency I guess. Another dumb decision made my a bad DCI management team. Recaps are the equivalent of box scores in sports. Not releasing the recaps is just a horrible decision.

• Like 1

It is absolutely ridiculous for there to be no recaps. Does DCI not know their fan base enough to know that we follow the recaps like glue? It is part of the excitement of following the competition throughout the season.

And why should the fan be punished if the judges don't or won't agree to man up and treat each show like it is a fresh start? These are amateur musicians, and there are wide variations in performances level from performance to performance. We all know that, we all can see that. Why can't they simply have the confidence in their abilities as judges to give the score they see? That is all that is asked from them, on any given night. And if they can't do it, and exhibit a pattern of "slotting" then what was all their training for? Why are they still judges? Get some who can do the job!

This makes the entire experience so much diminished.

DCI needs to correct this immediately, before they ruin the season. I just got back from watching the Pittsburgh show tonight, and I really want to know who won percussion, who won brass. How the judges came to their conclusions.

Hiding information is NEVER the answer! Free dissemination of information is!

We, as fans who pay for the activity through tickets & merchandise sales need to DEMAND that DCI FREE THE SCORES...!!!

Email Dan Ackerman TODAY...!!

• Like 1

a few things on all this

1. Yes - West Coast corps "consortium" pay for full panels at their early shows

2. I'm personally very much in support of this change. I'm hoping it will result in less "group think" and peer-pressure in the judging community and help encourage independently formed opinions

3. A reminder that the corps still have access to their scores - just not the judging community or public

Wait...so is there no more post show critique with the corps staff & judges?

I cant believe that some here are actually suggesting to make all shows early in the year unjudged exhibitions.

So, Dave Gibbs, George Hopkins, Kevin Smith, et al are lousy leaders and managers. Ooookkkkkkkk....

So the genius management team at DCI lets the top drum corps directors call the shots & make the rules? Not releasing recaps will have a severe negative effect on fan interest, buzz, discussion & controversy...all of which are good for the activity.

Wow. If true, this is the dumbest thing imaginable.

What do you expect from lousy DCI management?

Wait...so is there no more post show critique with the corps staff & judges?

I cant believe that some here are actually suggesting to make all shows early in the year unjudged exhibitions.

I thought I heard an announcement at the Stanford show about critiques "being held in the end zone after the show" or something like that. I don't know if it was like the old critiques or something new with these changes.