Intrigue In Indy

Wow Bluecoats. I really don't know what to say at this point my. My initial impressions is extremely positive but I need to see this a few more times to really get a feel for it. Just wow. I think your battle this year could be a four way battle. Watching the Cadets and putting them next to the rest of the corps, I have some serious concerns about the visual design. Love the music book, but in not sold visually.

100% agree +1

I'll keep it short and say the first thing that comes to mind after seeing all six tonight.

Boston - enjoyable show, gorgeous uniforms

Phantom - liked it at the time, can't remember it now

Cavaliers - impressive -dark horse?

Cadets - Love the fast drill as usual, needs color

Bluecoats - more please

Crown - just as Crown as ever

• Like 1

Wow Bluecoats. I really don't know what to say at this point my. My initial impressions is extremely positive but I need to see this a few more times to really get a feel for it. Just wow. I think your battle this year could be a four way battle. Watching the Cadets and putting them next to the rest of the corps, I have some serious concerns about the visual design. Love the music book, but in not sold visually.

agree on all counts - Coats are for real, but I need to see it again; Crown off to a very strong start; Cadets strong music book but visual needs a lot of rewrites. I personally think at least half the 2nd tune and half the closer needs new drill. I also don't think the front stage and the "cake" adds anything. A small prop of the violin player would be fine. All the getting off and on things drove me wacko. Musically it was incredible. Coats certainly have a strong vehicle, they weren't nearly as clean as Crown, so beating them is quite the statement.

Went to the theater.

Have to say that of all the years I've been following DCI, which has been since 1999, I haven't been this disappointed, ever.

Really strange productions on the field.

I know it's early in the season, but I don't see much of a correlation from the theme to the performance in any show except for maybe Crown. One could say BCoats but their half pipes are meaningless if they don't utilize them in any way except for sliding off of them. I hope they develop the use of them over the season or they will get roasted by the judges near the end.

I have tons of more criticisms but I'll save you all the tirade.

Crown's percussion sounded very promising. Cavs sounded a notch above last year. Bluecoats sounded good but visual program is lacking. They could win percussion.

Of the three BC, Crown and Cadets, none of these shows deserve a medal even clean, but probably at least 2 of them will anyways.

Blue Devils could win by a landslide if their show id any better than last year's.

We might be in for another low scoring season.

Going to have to change my predictions now.

BD

Crown

Cadets

SCV

Bloo

BK

Madison

Cavs

Blue Stars

Phantom

Troopers

Academy

My ratings, based on my extremely biased judging criteria of what I found most entertaining and look forward to seeing again many times this year:

* Crown

* Cavies

* Cadets

* Bloo

* Boston

* Phantom, I guess

• Like 1

My opinions of Indy tonight!

Boston Crusaders:

(+) Enjoyable closer and fairly impressive guard. Also, cool props!

(-) Very poor visuals.

Cavaliers:

(+) SUCH a cool show! Holy cow what a step up. These guys have some awesome Mellophones. Opener and trombone feature was so much fun.

(-) Design of the beginning ballad was a little strange, but maybe it'll grow on me-- end of it was impactful though I didn't like the singing very much.

Phantom Regiment:

(+) Snare Line seems clean... but that's coming from a brass player. Flugelhorn duet; such a nice touch! Impressive job guard! Pit in all black, interesting.

(-) Opening wasn't as nice as I was hoping. Props seemed a tad out of place but they'll probably add to them later on.

Cadets:

(+) Trombone opening! NICE...and the French Horn feature once again this year, so beautiful! Guard interaction with brass members very cool. Great ensemble balance.

(-) Trumpets sounded a little strained on the opener. Battery interaction with side 1 prop towards the end of the show was a bit silly to me.

Bluecoats:

(+) I am so excited. I CANNOT GET OVER HOW AMAZING THIS SHOW IS. This changed Drum Corps, THIS CHANGES THE GAME. Amazing. Visual design on par, musicality amazing. It really is something you have to see for yourself. I knew the title before seeing it tonight and also some of the bits of the music but oh my I didn't expect this. 1st place caliber! Congratulations Bluecoats one the start of a beautifully amazing season!

(-) Guard has room for more improvement than usual, but I cannot complain at all. Not perfect but, this is gonna go SO far.

Carolina Crown:

(+) Crown was my favorite last year. This year you are one of my favorites. Theme portrayed beautifully! The articulation of this corps is out of the world. This show was so great to watch. Guard as always on point; riffle work was beautiful.

(-) A few tears and spacing issues visually.

agree on all counts - Coats are for real, but I need to see it again; Crown off to a very strong start; Cadets strong music book but visual needs a lot of rewrites. I personally think at least half the 2nd tune and half the closer needs new drill. I also don't think the front stage and the "cake" adds anything. A small prop of the violin player would be fine. All the getting off and on things drove me wacko. Musically it was incredible. Coats certainly have a strong vehicle, they weren't nearly as clean as Crown, so beating them is quite the statement.

Bloo's plan to beat BD:

fc3646a02beca4bbf6c05e711f81c0eb354d2531

Which isn't bad, I am really excited to see Bloo's show this year.

• Like 1

Went to the theater.

Have to say that of all the years I've been following DCI, which has been since 1999, I haven't been this disappointed, ever.

Really strange productions on the field.

I know it's early in the season, but I don't see much of a correlation from the theme to the performance in any show except for maybe Crown. One could say BCoats but their half pipes are meaningless if they don't utilize them in any way except for sliding off of them. I hope they develop the use of them over the season or they will get roasted by the judges near the end.

I have tons of more criticisms but I'll save you all the tirade.

Crown's percussion sounded very promising. Cavs sounded a notch above last year. Bluecoats sounded good but visual program is lacking. They could win percussion.

Of the three BC, Crown and Cadets, none of these shows deserve a medal even clean, but probably at least 2 of them will anyways.

Blue Devils could win by a landslide if their show id any better than last year's.

We might be in for another low scoring season.

Going to have to change my predictions now.

BD

Crown

Cadets

SCV

Bloo

BK

Madison

Cavs

Blue Stars

Phantom

Troopers

Academy