Intrigue In Indy

I told everyone the Cadets are too dirty to beat Bloo and Crown tonight

This is a repeat of the previous two seasons for Cadets. Phenomenal drill, phenomenal playing, and a totally unnecessary and forgettable GE. Without a massive rewrite, there is no way Cadets can beat Crown or Coats, and you know BD is going to be right up there...and we haven't seen anything from Vanguard.

Cavaliers were crazy close to Cadets tonight, folks. Statues come to life vs. crowm's western and whatever the heck Bluecoats just did? I feel bad, honestly. Cadets looked totally behind the times, like to even people who know nothing about DCI. I am sorry but those guard uniforms for Cadets were embarrassing, but at least they lost the toga!

• Like 4

Gotta be honest, the "message" annoyed me to no end. It wasn't fun, it wasn't musical, it was self indulgent. Least favorite show of theirs in a while. Now - guard was very very good. As were horns. Visually the corps was solid. But ugh - did they seriously mix Reagan "tear down this wall" with Trump "build a wall" - that was eye-rolling at BEST lol

The cheese is flying off the shelves tonight.

This is a repeat of the previous two seasons for Cadets. Phenomenal drill, phenomenal playing, and a totally unnecessary and forgettable GE. Without a massive rewrite, there is no way Cadets can beat Crown or Coats, and you know BD is going to be right up there...and we haven't seen anything from Vanguard.

Cavaliers were crazy close to Cadets tonight, folks. Statues come to life vs. crowm's western and whatever the heck Bluecoats just did? I feel bad, honestly. Cadets looked totally behind the times, like to even people who know nothing about DCI. I am sorry but those guard uniforms for Cadets were embarrassing, but at least they lost the toga!

Woah woah woah buddy slow down I did not say anything about Cadets' design so I don't feel comfortable with you quoting me and talking about Cadets' supposed design shortcomings.

I think Cadets have a good vehicle and just need to clean things up and develop the show more.

The funny thing is almost 2/3 of those messages were about food.

Hope it hasn't spoiled by now.

Woah woah woah buddy slow down I did not say anything about Cadets' design so I don't feel comfortable with you quoting me and talking about Cadets' supposed design shortcomings.

I think Cadets have a good vehicle and just need to clean things up and develop the show more.

Plus, this is only June 23. We have about two more moths left until everything matters.

There is time for them to polish this vehicle into a proverbial tank.

Alright so heres my short theater and show review

Theater - looks like they expected a small turn out and we got the small room. Sound was either too low or it was the feed and it was crackly. We had a full house of HS band kids which is good and you could tell their 2 favorites before the show started.

Boston - Not sure if it was our speakers or their mix but the pit covered up the majority of the show. I liked the ballad but need to read more about the show so I understand the windmill things. Those by far were my favorite props.

Cavies - Drumline is good but the show has alot going on at times where it is hard to follow/hear the corps. Possibly a speaker/mic problem but that was my first read. Drill is classic cavies drill.

Phantom- I love listening to the hornline but since 2010 the visual has been down hill. I will be listening to this show alot.

Cadets - They march and play alot. This is what got me into the activity and I love it. It just was the dirtiest I think I have ever seen them at the beginning (but alot of room to grow)

Bluecoats - I dont really get the show I guess. What I do get is the drumline and it is really good. The props were only used for sliding down and it happened often. They need to find ways to use them like the triangles in Tilt and move tehm around more fluidly(hopefully finding a way to not always folding it in). Of the trilogy Tilt is still my favorite.

Crown - I wont lie, I watched the youtube video of the preview show and said I hated it. Watching the webcast it made alot more sense and its the first visual package I have liked in years. You can tell that there were some bumps and errors throughout the show.

and my favorite of the night Blue Devils - If they did that show 2 years in a row I'd still give it first.

• Like 1