Intrigue In Indy

Bluecoats initial observation - Blooooo's design team has figured out that the only way you're going to beat the Blue Devils is to play them at their game. This show takes the drum corps audience outside its comfort zone just enough to set them on their heels, yet pull them swiftly and gently into a new realm. It's classy, inspiring, innovative, with full blown moments of pure good-old fashioned drum corps. We may have finally found a show design that has something for every kind of drum corps fan, new and old. Bravo.

• Like 2

Same at the theater where we watched the show. The pit completely overpowered the corps. Like you said... not sure who was to blame here.

I think I heard one of the announcers mention something about covering up that beautiful hornline. So I suspect it was the pit not being balanced. When the chimes rang, I thought the speakers were going to jump thru the screen.

• Like 1

Is that what that sound was? I noticed something jarring that sounded like a woodblock during the ballad. I wondered why on earth they would do that. Sounded pretty weird.

God this kid is spreading misinformation around. Yes, metronome was used, but it was turned on by accident.

What are the Cavies portraying? Is it political?

I tried to find the messages, but just didn't get it. It just seemed like a lot of the same thing to me. Miss the green.

• Like 1

I tried to find the messages, but just didn't get it. It just seemed like a lot of the same thing to me. Miss the green.

There's no specific message. They're just examples of propaganda.

Actually, no, I did not. However, I was speaking more of a design vs execution standpoint, not so much on a who was cleaner or had the best drill on June 20something standpoint.

Not to take anything away from Bluecoats, because I was definitely WOWed by them, but I felt, after 1 viewing mind you, that they may be passed later on the season and not keep their place on top of all the other corps beneath team. That's all! :-)

Well, without massive changes, I just don't see the Cadets passing Bluecoats or Crown. It's hard to know really whats going on, totally, because of the lack of caption breakdowns. But, Cadets were 3rd in music, and that's definitely their strong point. I don't think on the visual side that the Cadets show is any more demanding than Crown or Bluecoats. I do think Cadets definitely have the ability to win brass and percussion come finals, but after seeing all the top 5 from last year, I just don't see how they will finish higher than 5th (at best) in GE and all the visual captions, without some major rewrites.

Edited by henry7184

Tonight there were a lot of nerves within the guards. A lot of shaky runs. Personally I think cadets guard will hold them back again compared to the guards above them, they need some work to do. Honestly I think Phantoms guard had the best run and Crown had the best written work. Going to be a great season to see the growth that will happen.

One quick comment on the Bluecoats uniforms - why did they hire the University of Oregon to design them?

It thought a Russian gymnastic team designed them!

Well, without massive changes, I just don't see the Cadets passing Bluecoats or Crown. It's hard to know really whats going on, totally, because of the lack of caption breakdowns. But, Cadets were 3rd in music, and that's definitely their strong point. I don't think on the visual side that the Cadets show is any more demanding than Crown or Bluecoats. I do think Cadets definitely have the ability to win brass and percussion come finals, but after seeing all the top 5 from last year, I just don't see how they will finish higher than 5th (at best) in GE and all the visual captions, without some major rewrites.

Overreaction much? It's the FIRST show of the season. Bad run throughs are possible. How about we wait a week or two of competition to atleast see what the actual trend is before completely writing off any corps

Tonight there were a lot of nerves within the guards. A lot of shaky runs. Personally I think cadets guard will hold them back again compared to the guards above them, they need some work to do. Honestly I think Phantoms guard had the best run and Crown had the best written work. Going to be a great season to see the growth that will happen.

Agreed. PR's guard was superb.

• Like 1