Stanford Showdown - DCI West

BK is probably hyping the fact that y'all are so offended by their incomplete show. The design team wants it right the FIRST time and they know that patience is the key to their success. They do things a little differently, and the fact that people pay money to see their shows this early doesn't change their learning process at all. They aren't worried about what people think, they're concerned with giving the best show possible, which they do a darn good job of doing so.

yeah, probably

I noticed the signs for parking said drum corp. Aghhhhhh! At a high end college no doubt.

Yea BD's show is very in your face. kind of like 76 was. Gee I wonder why? The battery and hornline are Vet heavy but the pit has only 4 Vets but it is a better section this year. Guard I am not as sure about but do see a lot of familiar faces.

Wait ... Have you seen BD? The ballad has some very nice, quiet moments. And there's plenty of peel your face LOUD. :). Love it!

I don't do sarcasm. It's cheap humor.

Have you actually seen BD this year? There's not one quiet moment in the show. It's all in your face. I'm sure that's some folk's cup of tea. Not so much mine.

• Like 2

Sentences do not begin with a period... First word in a sentence should be capitalized pretty sure if you marched Should be in parenthesis or omitted *anywhere* in the activity your attention to detail should be better than average. Not a complete sentence NOT core! Not a complete sentence CORPS! There's a reason its spelled that way Only one period after a sentence ... First word in a sentence should be capitalized check the Plural usage would not apply here history(s) out there and try to understand There is only one period after a sentence...

Sentences do not begin with periods ... First letter in sentence should be capitalized well, "meh" to you. If you want to look foolish on the internet continue to write at third grade level. Pay attention and you will look as intelligent as you supposedly are Only on period after a sentence... Not a word or a sentence ijs Only one period after a sentence...

It is funny how you talk about not writing at a third grade level but you would fail third grade English. I am not even going to point out all of the missed commas.

So how about that Stanford Showdown :)

Edited by dcicolts

You flatter us. But we know better. We're just a (very small, comparatively speaking) group of folks who like to chat, that's all. DCI does not revolve around us. If the BK staff is doing so much as paying even one second of attention to what is being said at DCP and making programming decisions because of it, they deserve to be fired.

They will do what they do, and if history is any guide, they will do it very well. And we will just sit over here and talk about it. That's all.

I think I worded that statement wrong. I wasn't talking about staff as they have much more things to worry about than us folks on DCP. I know that drum corps kids like to check dcp every now and then just for curiosity.

You flatter us. But we know better. We're just a (very small, comparatively speaking) group of folks who like to chat, that's all. DCI does not revolve around us. If the BK staff is doing so much as paying even one second of attention to what is being said at DCP and making programming decisions because of it, they deserve to be fired.

They will do what they do, and if history is any guide, they will do it very well. And we will just sit over here and talk about it. That's all.

Its like the old sayin......When you as a coach, manager, director start listening to the fans, you end up sitting in the stands right next to them.

It is funny how you talk about not writing at a third grade level but you would fail third grade English. I am not even going to point out all of the missed commas.

So how about that Stanford Showdown :)

...commas are a matter of interpretation, at least where I studied, and graduated. In journalism. Sure, I make mistakes, but will *always* review what I've written and, if necessary, go back and edit. So, my standards are high..."...fail third grade English." Top of my class, buddy...

...commas are a matter of interpretation, at least where I studied, and graduated. In journalism. Sure, I make mistakes, but will *always* review what I've written and, if necessary, go back and edit. So, my standards are high..."...fail third grade English." Top of my class, buddy...

lmao look in any book or credible website... There are rules. Oh well, I'm done trying to talk with someone that has a big head. I'd rather talk about the posted topics rather than the random crap you bring up for no reason lol