Stanford Showdown - DCI West

The BK (finish/unfinished) debate is as simple as this:

If your show isn't finished to the level of BK- you go on FIRST in your division.

Boom. Done. :peek::peek:

• Like 1

Sound balance is better. Thanks.

+++

I liked BDb show better than SCVc. BDB simply had more enjoyable music I could follow.

...my first take on BDB at Sacramento: Best *show* of the nite based on accessibility...just remember I'm stuck on the sidelines so not much clue on what's going on drill-wise...

A couple pf things . . . A) Boston did not use baby powder as a prop in their shows early in the season; B) Even if they did, and it was against the rules, then DCI lost control, by not penalizing them for the use of an improper prop in the shows earlier in the season; C) Knowing what props ARE allowed onto the field of DCI competition nowadays, isn't it a bit silly to impose a penalty on the use of a little baby powder for use as a prop for a few seconds of a Corps opener, only? 4) Why you brought up Boston on this escapes me, as it's got nothing to do with them at all; 5) Which is more egregious, and requires a penalty assessment in your view: utiliizing a tiny bit of baby powder in an opener (which was penalized) or doing only one-third of the required time in competition AND not starting in the allotted time provided to start the performance in competition (neither which was penalized)? If you think this is all OK, then you have a much bigger tolerance for the arbitrariness in what is deemed a more severe violation than I do. Plus, making judges and the audience have to wait longer than is required to start the performance is what we call a "game delay", and ALL sports do not put up with this as apparently some of us are willing to let slide here, for whatever reasons. Why do some some corps get assessed late start penalties, but others do not? Are you (and others) not at least a bit curious about this . . . or not?

C) I believe corps are required to leave nothing on the field when they exit. That's much harder to manage with powders and liquids than with other props.

5) Define "tiny bit".

5) As noted in my list of Stanford show times a couple pages ago, BK performed for 7 minutes. That's more than two-thirds of the required minimum (which is ten minutes).

DCP is one big family. It's just that there may have been a lot of inbreeding.

Yes, and if they might someday win the big bucks lottery, I want that family DCP'er to realize how much I have genuinely loved that family member wholeheartedly and relentlessly on here, and at every turn on here too, skevinp.

Edited by BRASSO

Last day of school, 2015-16:
Denver: June 3
Jefferson County: May 25
LIttleton: May 20
Adams County: May 26
Colorado Springs: May 26
Boulder: May 26
Etc.

none of that matters as their draw isn't from locals.

Last day of school, 2015-16:
Denver: June 3
Jefferson County: May 25
LIttleton: May 20
Adams County: May 26
Colorado Springs: May 26
Boulder: May 26
Etc.

Is this supposed to be why the shows not done because of schools? Im pretty sure that the majority of the group is college kids. I also know that you can learn a show even when in high school. My first year I only went to a week of move ins because I was a junior in high school and couldnt get out. On the weekends I would drive to rehearsal (hour to hour and a half) and learned what I needed to. I was in the first show of the season with a complete show.

none of that matters as their draw isn't from locals.

yes, of course. The point is simply to clear up the lingering confusion about whether the school calendar in CO handicaps BK's ability to get a full show on the field by opening day. It is meant to put to rest any thought that a late last day of school might be contributing to the situation, that's all. These dismissal dates are not "late."

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman