Michigan City Melodies

I wouldn't bet on this If I were you.

Hmmm. Changes coming. I'm sure their goal is to get the visual especially back part of show stronger. The intent is there.

Cavaliers had a pretty bad elections malfunction last night. I bet it hurt their score. Lots of sound effects missing.

As we say in the WGI world live and day by electronics. After years of electronic issues we finally will design a show that of it happens you still get. Now a days that's what you have to do because so many indoor and corps rely on electronic instruments or samples to explain the show. Last night I didn't get BK show until a sample was played and without it it's just a show. I'm sure Cavies show is easier to understand without samples but it does add alot.

If Genesis sneaks into the top 20, I could see them attracting tons of talent, there is PLENTY here. You'd see less going to the other 15 - 20 corps where people who don't make Crossmen probably go if they don't go to Genesis.

Do corps like Genesis make special effort to "adopt" high schools for recruiting? If I were a HS band director, I would definitely think it would make sense to have all of my kids at one corps. It would seem to be a lot more likely to get someone to pick one over another if their friends had selected one. Certainly would make parent travel and interaction easier if the "Franklin" band kids were marching Genesis.

Maybe there would be a group rate? Don't know if this has ever been done or even proposed.

Do corps like Genesis make special effort to "adopt" high schools for recruiting? If I were a HS band director, I would definitely think it would make sense to have all of my kids at one corps. It would seem to be a lot more likely to get someone to pick one over another if their friends had selected one. Certainly would make parent travel and interaction easier if the "Franklin" band kids were marching Genesis.

Maybe there would be a group rate? Don't know if this has ever been done or even proposed.

Well, look at what Shadow from WI is doing this year.

Granted Cadets have been making change after change to their show, so they're one of the dirtiest corps among the top 6. I suspect they'll be back where they usually are in visual by the end of the season

I was at the show and Cadets music was great, not so much their visual. Design is the problem, looked like an 8th place corps’ visual. There is no color, guard gets lost, the stage up front and on the field don’t work. Their dancing, running isn’t done well, lacks uniformity and makes no sense, doesn’t add to anything. Guard disappeared, didn’t seem all that great (dirty). Stage makes the field very unbalanced, you lose the performers on it. The cakes are clunky, soloist look silly posed on them. They announced the show ‘statues awakening’ yet there was no awakening moment, it was emotionless. Cavies have a better visual by far – I don’t think they got dinged for electronic failure (hiding the scores is a scam), as the spread seemed about right, all music. Both corps took way too long to get on and off the field

- Cavies have a better visual by far-

Cadets beat Cavies by just .1 in visual - that's a concern. As you have already stated, the stages, the colors etc need rethought or reworked or the corps could end up top 3 in music and 5th overall

I was at the show and Cadets music was great, not so much their visual. Design is the problem, looked like an 8th place corps visual. There is no color, guard gets lost, the stage up front and on the field dont work. Their dancing, running isnt done well, lacks uniformity and makes no sense, doesnt add to anything. Guard disappeared, didnt seem all that great (dirty). Stage makes the field very unbalanced, you lose the performers on it. The cakes are clunky, soloist look silly posed on them. They announced the show statues awakening yet there was no awakening moment, it was emotionless. Cavies have a better visual by far I dont think they got dinged for electronic failure (hiding the scores is a scam), as the spread seemed about right, all music. Both corps took way too long to get on and off the field

Agreed the visual part of Cadets show is behind the music. I expect them to adjust that as they rewrite closer, add the different colors into the guard (uni/flags) to better demonstrate the mood changes etc.