Any lock for Top 3?

This year the tiers are a little more clear than last year. Though I think it's too early to predict actual placement, here goes mine:

BD/Crown - both have championship corps and programs. It'll be closer than last year's finals spread either way.

Bloo - great design and music but they're behind on cleanliness and demand

Cavs - I love this show and how confident the kids are, surprise of the season?

SCV - super classy and elegant

Cadets - great demand and performers, but design and guard will hurt big

Edited by defeldus2
  • Like 1

As with most people, I think BD is a lock. Id say at the end of the season Bloo is in 2nd, and SCV in 3rd with Crown doing the same thing they did in 2011 and placing 4th while also winning Brass. Hopefully we can calm down and wait until the KY show on the 16th before going on about this whole Bloo v Crown thing because then we'll see them as well as Cadets and likely have a better read on where everyone is.

Incorrect. The last time I felt salty was circa 1973, approximately the last time the Bluecoats and Crown went head to head. Those scores, of course, cannot be counted.

Are you speaking of your experience in the alternate timeline where Biff married Marty's mother... and Doc Brown was committed to the psych ward?

Still not following your history there...

• Like 2

As with most people, I think BD is a lock. Id say at the end of the season Bloo is in 2nd, and SCV in 3rd with Crown doing the same thing they did in 2011 and placing 4th while also winning Brass. Hopefully we can calm down and wait until the KY show on the 16th before going on about this whole Bloo v Crown thing because then we'll see them as well as Cadets and likely have a better read on where everyone is.

I'll be at the Kentucky show so I'll definitely be able to get a good read on it!

• Like 1

Are you speaking of your experience in the alternate timeline where Biff married Marty's mother... and Doc Brown was committed to the psych ward?

Still not following your history there...

Pretty sure he's throwin'...shade
  • Like 2

I sense a little salt, might need to check your sodium levels ;)

It's looking to me more and more every time I see it: I'm gonna pencil in BD for top 2. The only way I see them dropping to 3rd is if both Bloo and Crown greatly increase the sophistication and complexity of their productions (Bluecoats more than Crown). They need to add more layers and need to both be cleaner than BD. The likelihood of this happening for both corps? Not that likely, but possible. For one? Very well could happen. Other than these 3, it's probably going to be an outside shot for Cadets and Cavaliers. As much as I want to see SCV in the mix, especially with this show, I just don't think its going to happen this year. I also think that once everyone gets together, you're going to see these as the solid top 6, with Phantom by themselves in 7th. Then another gap to the rest of the field. Yay another year for the G7...I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1