Denver Drumbeat (Drums Along the Rockies)

Clocked the brass playing times

Santa Clara Vanguard brass plays a bit under 8 minutes.

Blue Devils plays about 6 and a half.

Seems to me both have a fair amount of content. Blue Devils are cleaner at this point but content is certainly comparable.

Which corps this year has their brass play for the longest?

i watched the WC corps..... wrestling a toddler to bed got in the way of OC.

Seattle to me seemed to be "lower placing corps doing different arrangements of stuff others already made classic".

Oregon is intriguing. Some of the story stuff wasnt clear with the camera work, but i'm looking forward to seeing it

Troop. Loved the brass sound. However....i hate the short sleeves on the unis, and the show feels too preachy

Cavies cracked me up when I saw the Hilary and Trump banners. However the ending is a HUGE let down.

SCV....i like it, but it just isnt grabbing me. I need to see it live

BD...Good lord where to look. score seemed a tad high, but i'm liking it

BK...I like it, but God I have no idea what i am watching

• Like 3

Yes, I thought BD had some execution issues here and there tonite. Thats why the big spread over SCV tonite sort of surprised me.. oh well.

Don't get me wrong, SCV isn't really killing it in visual effects. Blue Devils have them one uped in both visual and effect.

BK...I like it, but God I have no idea what i am watching

lol!... you took the words right out of my mouth.

Clocked the brass playing times

Santa Clara Vanguard brass plays a bit under 8 minutes.

Blue Devils plays about 6 and a half.

Seems to me both have a fair amount of content. Blue Devils are cleaner at this point but content is certainly comparable.

BD has far more difficult content-Why do you think they are winning music? This is pretty clear. SCV has the better drumline...BD the better brassline. And BD has a more challenging book.

Maybe I've watched too many sci-fi/futuristic/dystopian movies, but their show makes complete sense to me.

Thats probably it. So far, I'm missing getting the uglies with that dystopian vibe from BK that you're getting at present. Its just a head scratcher for me at the moment.... although clearly BK has marcher talent this season.

Edited by BRASSO

I went and counted the time from when the drum major finished her salute and the time they finished, and it was exactly 10 minutes.

I think they get what, 11 minutes? So they still have 1 more minute of show to go as far as I know.

I timed it thus:

-1:28 "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome . . ." and start of ambient synth sounds; corps appears to be all set

-0:17 ". . . Is your corps ready"

0:00 DM's quasi-salute ends, brief solo trumpet, corps moves toward central mirror (meaning humanity is self-absorbed?)

1:15 Corps lies on the ground or kneels

1:32 Corps begins to move back out to their instruments

1:52 Corps begins to play

10:08 Corps finishes

Later in the season, World Class shows are supposed to be between 10 min. and 11 min. 30 sec.

So BK's show now is just long enough for regionals.

But for nearly two minutes of show time there's almost no actual music.

(At this show, Blue Devils and Troopers had the longest shows: 11 min. 32 sec. and 13 min., respectively--either to be cut down or with part to be designated as preshow, naturally.)

• Like 2