Drenched in DeKalb

Cadets' guard seems so much more confident with what they're doing this year compared to last year. I believe people were saying last year was a veteran heavy guard, but they never seemed entirely comfortable with their book. This year, they seem to have that and they're starting to sell it well.

• Like 1

That not what I said at all. But if you think design teams are unaware of the competitive landscape in which they're creating, you're sorely mistaken.

Not feeling sore, lol. Hey, if it's something like "ok we have to have triple tonguing in the show because Crown does it", or "we have to throw sixes because BD does", sure. Corps will add techniques like the pooping squats and shaking a leg, but if they're doing it just to do it, and not seamlessly using those things as part of an integrated package *that makes sense*, then it will come across as such. It won't be a positive.

and if Blue's score goes up.....

It would be nice for them to get some BD type love every now and then

• Like 1

Man, the Crown fans have came out in a herd tonight!

All kidding aside, Crown consistently has potential for first in brass, there is no denying that. However, I feel like Crown's strength is usually amplified by having an increased amount of cadences and consonance in their repertoire, as well as a choice to sticking to keys that are more natural for the brass.

That doesn't take away from what they do, I just feel that most fans overestimate the accomplishments of the brassline in comparison to other groups. That being said, Crown's brass is almost as much of a shoe in as BD's Colorguard. BD and Cadets have had to have some spectacular brass books to unseat Crown.

• Like 2

If their score is a little lower tonight, let the record state everyone said they had an off run BEFORE the scores were announced so we don't get the "oh you're just saying that because they didn't score where you wanted them to" crap.

Agreed. Have to factor that in, to some degree.

We get they had a off night.. We get it.