Blazing hot Houston

Oh yes, it was a pleasure to keep ya'll updated tonight. Hope ya'll enjoyed the enthusiasm! These corps were fantastic tonight!

Glad you enjoyed the show and seeing your beloved cavies!

Exactly. The big guns only competed twice in 1983 - Friday & Saturday

Friday (Semis)

1 SCV

2 (TIE) BD/CADETS (only show Cadets did not win the whole year)

Saturday (Finals)

1 CADETS

2 BD

3 SCV

Ah that clears it up. So there's never been a different winner each of the three nights (as long as that's been the format). This year could be the first!

Arrived home in Spring (Cypresswood & Ella).

Thanks to all of the corps. Every year for the past 3 or 4 years, the shows have been very entertaining I have to say, thanks to all of the different and creative ideas and concepts.

Tonight was a really entertaining show. Overall the loudest and best response in my opinion was The Cavaliers. Really a great show! I got riled up when that freaking Trump (can't stand that guy) sign appeared, but then later on a Hillary sign appears. It's just really well done with all of the narration and effects.

I thought Crown should have won honestly. That was a great show. The whole story line is really worth watching. The crowd ate it UP!

BD horns sound amazing!

Santa Clara sounded very very nice all together. Great marching! I could tell in certain spots in the 2nd half where there was silence that there would be fill in's later coming. This was sort of confirmed (wink wink) with one of the ladies in the SCV souvie trailer. That big metal tree. It just stands there and does nothing. I asked what's it going to do, and she smiled and I knew something was coming. She said changes coming next week before DCI Southesastern. Hope so! I want that tree to grow leaves or spawn little trees or spin around or do something! Or light up???

Disappointing: The Cadets. I mean they sound great the first half. Then the 2nd half ... just kind of falls. I don't know. I just lost interest. The same musical ideas and themes and intensity rehashed from the 1st half. This is an "off" year I'm afraid. Those wedding cakes don't move or do anything. And the statues on the smaller cake... what are they doing??? Fighting or what? Didn't really make sense to me. Not surprising they received the least amount of applause all night. Rather tepid response at that.

BLOO: Wow.... all around what a great show. Interesting on so many levels. I LOVE how they end the show with that lean back and head turn towards the audience to the sound of the guitar. The ramps are so dog gone interesting and fun! I mean, who doesn't want to strap on a snare drum and play some snazzy rad beats and then slide down one of those ramps! ME ME ME!

• Like 3

Arrived home in Spring (Cypresswood & Ella).

Thanks to all of the corps. Every year for the past 3 or 4 years, the shows have been very entertaining I have to say, thanks to all of the different and creative ideas and concepts.

Tonight was a really entertaining show. Overall the loudest and best response in my opinion was The Cavaliers. Really a great show! I got riled up when that freaking Trump (can't stand that guy) sign appeared, but then later on a Hillary sign appears. It's just really well done with all of the narration and effects.

I thought Crown should have won honestly. That was a great show. The whole story line is really worth watching. The crowd ate it UP!

BD horns sound amazing!

Santa Clara sounded very very nice all together. Great marching! I could tell in certain spots in the 2nd half where there was silence that there would be fill in's later coming. This was sort of confirmed (wink wink) with one of the ladies in the SCV souvie trailer. That big metal tree. It just stands there and does nothing. I asked what's it going to do, and she smiled and I knew something was coming. She said changes coming next week before DCI Southesastern. Hope so! I want that tree to grow leaves or spawn little trees or spin around or do something! Or light up???

Disappointing: The Cadets. I mean they sound great the first half. Then the 2nd half ... just kind of falls. I don't know. I just lost interest. The same musical ideas and themes and intensity rehashed from the 1st half. This is an "off" year I'm afraid. Those wedding cakes don't move or do anything. And the statues on the smaller cake... what are they doing??? Fighting or what? Didn't really make sense to me. Not surprising they received the least amount of applause all night. Rather tepid response at that.

BLOO: Wow.... all around what a great show. Interesting on so many levels. I LOVE how they end the show with that lean back and head turn towards the audience to the sound of the guitar. The ramps are so dog gone interesting and fun! I mean, who doesn't want to strap on a snare drum and play some snazzy rad beats and then slide down one of those ramps! ME ME ME!

Thanks for your thoughts!

:)

If I had to guess on what SCV has planned for the tree, I think I have an idea. I hope it's what I'm thinking.

Thanks for your thoughts!

:)

If I had to guess on what SCV has planned for the tree, I think I have an idea. I hope it's what I'm thinking.

Care to share your thoughts? 😀 with a friend? I swear I won't tell anyone...just post here...it'll be our l'il secret...

wow the full recap is great! ordinals all over