Favorite 2016 Programs?

Favorite 2016 Programs?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What are Your Favorite 2016 Programs?

• The Academy - The Drum Corpse Bride
    • Blue Devils - As Dreams are Made On
    • Blue Knights - The Great Event
    • Blue Stars - La Reve
    • Bluecoats - Down Side Up
    • Boston Crusaders - Quixotic
    • The Cadets - Awakening
    • Carolina Crown - Relentless
    • The Cavaliers - Propaganda
    • Colts - Nachtmusik
    • Crossmen - Continuum
    • Jersey Surf - Ebb and Flow
    • Madison Scouts - Judas
    • Mandarins - Forbidden Forrest
    • Oregon Crusaders - Hunted
    • Pacific Crest - The Union
    • Phantom Regiment - Voice of Promise
    • Pioneer - St. Joan of Arc
    • Santa Clara Vanguard - Force of Nature
    • Spirit of Atlanta - Georgia
    • Seattle Cascades - O
    • Troopers - Hero

and it once again tells us that what the DCI judges like and what the fans like, are oftentimes completely different, and at complete odds with one another.

I don't know if it's so much about likes and dislikes as difficulty.

I would venture to guess that the more difficult a show is, the less likely it is to have broad appeal. The writing of both music and drill has to be pretty dense to demonstrate to the judges that the corps are executing at a very high level--and pretty dense writing often gets in the way of emotional communication.

• Like 1

Bluecoats: reminds me of the audience gasps at the groundbreaking Cadets in 1982

Blue Devils: three-peat not only possible, probable ... and deservedly so

PLUS:

Santa Clara Vanguard, Phantom Regiment, The Academy (nice to see a quality specialty show again)

ON THE CUSP ... by season's end, perhaps?

Carolina Crown, The Cavaliers, Blue Stars

Be nice to the newbie poster / Jurassic fan ; )

Welcome!

and it once again tells us that what the DCI judges like and what the fans like, are oftentimes completely different, and at complete odds with one another.

Oh come on. Stop the judge bashing. The judges have a job to do: to rate/rank/evaluate drum corps in terms of proficiency of performance, composition, and general effect (which is a performance-derived caption).

The Academy is a very fine drum corps, and are having an awesome season. That's fantastic for them! I'm super happy. But their performance level is not on par with the top 3, which is why they are placing where they are at right now. To expect a judge to evaluate simply based on entertainment would be asking that judge to do their job incorrectly.

My favorites in order

Crown

Cavies

Phantom

Crown's brass literally almost makes me cry sometimes lol

• Like 1

Oh come on. Stop the judge bashing. The judges have a job to do: to rate/rank/evaluate drum corps in terms of proficiency of performance, composition, and general effect (which is a performance-derived caption).

The Academy is a very fine drum corps, and are having an awesome season. That's fantastic for them! I'm super happy. But their performance level is not on par with the top 3, which is why they are placing where they are at right now. To expect a judge to evaluate simply based on entertainment would be asking that judge to do their job incorrectly.

I did not " bash the judges ". I did not " bash the audience " either. I merely stated that what judges like and what audiences like is so dissimilar, thats all. No more, no less. I never even went into why the judges task is understandably far different than that of the audience task ( which is also quite dissimilar under the rules of the judged competition). The only " bashing " here is your criticism of Academy, when no such bashing was neccesary as its clear to just about anyone here that no show designers would give to Academy the show to perform and execute as that of the older, more experienced marchers that are found in the Blue Devils. Lots of films that get great reviews from the professionally hired movie critics are considered boring and uninteresting films with the public too. Surely, this is no new revelation to you either, I would imagine.

Edited by BRASSO

It's cool to see Academy maintaining with SCV, Crown and Blooooooo.

I just voted for Bluecoats, Academy, Blue Devils, and Troopers.