Battle in Belton, 7/21/16

The Troopers are coming!

As well as the Academy.

At this rate Boston is going to be lucky if they don't end up in 14th...yeesh

Did anyone watching the Troopers notice any major changes? That's a big score bump for having only 2 days of rehearsal after the last show!

Go figure. Seemed to me that Troop had a rather ragged run. The yellow ribbon was mishandled, there was a prominent drop; the soloists had a tough run; looked like some missed sets by a couple performers.

I had chalked it up to some changes that I noticed, and which I had guessed have only recently been put in: the helix move in the opener seems tighter to the sideline and the movements more obvious. Maybe it's just cleaner. The quiet section between "rage" and "fire" seems to have had dead time squeezed out. It seems to move along more quickly -- not in tempo, but in movement from thought to thought. The guard is restaged there, too. Seems like less dead time before "Fire" kicks in, and the added siren at the beginning of "fire" helps change the thought effectively. So, my assumption was that the performers were still internalizing the changes and that took something away from the rest of the visual execution.

I guess I was wrong. Happily so. A few days ago Troop was within a couple points of Boston. Tonight they're within a couple points of Crossmen.

On to Saturday!

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

Actual scores - My scores

Phantom 79.45-79.00

Blue Stars 77.7 -77.8

Madison 76.65-76.00

Crossmen 76.2 -77.5

Boston 74.15 -75.45

Troopers 74.1-74.50

Colts 71.8 -70.0

Oregon 69.15 -70.55