Most Beautiful Drum Corps Moments

Man, there's to many to choose. Just some that popped in my head as I went down the line.....

• Crown's ballad in 08 (I'm a sucker for Debussy)
  • SCV's company front in 09
  • Phantom's ballad in 06
  • The first half of Malaguena in Cadets 03
  • Cavaliers ballad in 01
  • Cavaliers ballad in 06
  • Bluecoats ballad in 06
  • SCV's company front in 04
  • BK's entire closer in 15
  • Blue Devils ballad in 07
  • Blue Devils ballad in 08
  • Most of BD's entire shows from the 90s

This is getting ridiculous....there's a lot.

Has anyone noticed most of these posts are either in the last ~10 years or ~15 years or older? It's always funny to see new fans only knowing recent shows and old fans who are stuck in the past. With that said Phantom and Claire De Lune in '94 will always be my favorite moment.

Cadets 1991 - Postcards from Home...mello solo with the guard role playing

Phantom 1993 - Fire of Eternal Glory...powerful and beautiful at the same time

Suncoast Sound 1988 - visual soloist signing lyrics from Greatest Love of All

SCV 1997 - finale from Age of Anxiety...maybe the best ever closer

Cadets 1993 - Hymnsong of Philip Bliss (with 1992 and 1998 close behind)

Magic 1994 - Odyssey...more haunting than beautiful but have to toss that in here

Cannot say I've been a fan of a lot of "beautiful" moments from the last decade...modern programming just does not allow for a long dramatic build. Just so many great moments from early to mid 90s though.

Crown's ballad in 2013 was fantastic but there was too much intensity to the music to allow a real beautiful moment. SCV 2009 was a rare show that really took chances and let the music play out as it should.

I agree with Phantom 2003 opener and would like to add Sacramento Freelancers 1985 opening intro...for which I can't find a link...but trust me...it's gorgeous...

Edited by G-Rott

Cannot say I've been a fan of a lot of "beautiful" moments from the last decade...modern programming just does not allow for a long dramatic build. Just so many great moments from early to mid 90s though.

Thanks for the post. Those were all great examples.

To this statement I can agree on the programming where thoughts are not left to fulfill. There are exceptions though.... Crown's 2008 Clair de Lune is a beautiful moment played with such musicality and sensitivity to completion. There are others as those here have posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrOAXeHaYsQ

Also "I Have a Love" from Cadets '84

You're not alone on this one. I would also add the 1983 Suncoast "Greatest Love" soloist with the guard member signing.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

I don't know about all of you... but this seems like a beautiful drumcorps moment to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq67bhoO88I

• Like 2

Phantom Regiment 1996 closer

I know it is more powerful then beautiful but watching that show go down and all of the years of being the bridesmaid just fall away is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. To this day that closer of Shostakovich 5th is one of my all-time favorite moments.