Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

what's the deal with the chick carrying the lamp shade...wearing the bigger lamp shade?

Can this beat Phantom?

It seems that each one of BK, PR, and BS has unique strengths. Musically, PR's balance and depth of sound to BK's powerful brass to BS's sopranos. Visually, they are each different, but each one has work to do. Where BS I think might have an edge is in the design of their show. Similar to the Academy, it seems that their design (visually, musically, ge) is cohesive and intentionally clear. Both PR and BK have more abstraction in their show design, and at times, I don't see the cohesion. That doesn't mean that they are not as well-designed, just not as "intentionally clear" as several posters noted about the Academy. I find this three-pack an interesting mix and clearly above the ones immediately below them in score. Loved all three, but have to admit I was more engaged with Blue Stars.

Welcome back to Atlanta, Cavies! DCP missed you last year!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 5

I have a favor to ask for tonight. We've debated the merits of The Cavaliers' "Propaganda" production to death. We've talked about the signs we do and don't like, the speakers we agree and disagree with, etc., but for tonight can we talk about the performance itself? I feel The Cavaliers are about to take a big leap forward and as an alumnus I would like to see what everyone thinks of what the marching members are actually doing on the field. I've seen the show live twice so far this summer and I think it's well performed with lots of energy.

I understand your point of view.....keep our comments to the "performance." However, all those props, signs, etc. are a PART of the performance.

If you would like to have comments on EXECUTION of the show, that's something else. In reality, you will probably get comments about both.... and that should help. It sounds like the crowd is up for them.... Good luck!!!

• Like 2