Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Not seeing too much movement between now and August 13. The finalists seem to have separated from the other. Cannot see Troopers or Boston closing that gap. 10-12 seems locked in and probably in those positions. 7-9 are in a group by themselves, this is the group that seems likely to swap around some the last two weeks. Cavaliers seem a solid 6th place corps. Cadets seem a lock for 5th. In the top four, not sure SCV or Crown move from their positions. I am surprised Bluecoats are beating Blue Devils. I still expect Blue Devils will win, again.

10-12 could swap, 7-9 is a toss up every night. Cavaliers are definitely not a lock for 5th, but they have a real shot at Cadets this year. SCV has separated a little from 5-6 and have a shot at 3rd. Top 3 is a crap shoot right now, but I still expect Bluecoats will win their first championship. They won tonight with a bit of slop, while BD was on fire in comparison.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

I don't get how Bluecoats are winning based on their musical book. It's just loud repetitive ostinatos over and over.

It's not. It's one of the best music books on the field this year. But I'm sure you're right. All the educated judges that see them are saying: "listen to all those ostinatos. WOW, let's put them in first because it's easy and it feels like they're cheating."

• Like 5

- Crown behind Bluecoats almost a full point in GE. There's your spread.

Don't want GE to be the caption you're behind on. Still, Crown is under a point overall, so this still puts them right there with a legit chance of knocking off the" Defending Heavyweight Boxing Champion YouKnowWho ( " The Greatest of ALL time!!!!!.. haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

announcing scores with no drum majors?

At big regionals like this, they usually excuse the drum majors from retreat so that corps that perform earlier in the day can leave early to do laundry or move on to their next location. SA is an exception, as most corps do a free day there the next day.

The Cavaliers were fifth in GE and Visual -- and less than 0.7 points behind the Cadets in Music!

They were 5th in GE and Visual last week in San Antonio too. They're eventually going to catch Cadets this year; at least for 1 show.

• Like 2

Not sure how Bluecoats won percussion. I'm no drummer, but even I could hear dirt, especially during segments over the microphones.

I think the micd stuff might be distorted some going through another mic online. They nailed those moments live.

And how did you know that?! Lol.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I think the micd stuff might be distorted some going through another mic online. They nailed those moments live.

And how did you know that?! Lol.

I have my sources ;-) And I agree, they sound way cleaner live Edited by idrum1998