Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Not seeing too much movement between now and August 13. The finalists seem to have separated from the other. Cannot see Troopers or Boston closing that gap. 10-12 seems locked in and probably in those positions. 7-9 are in a group by themselves, this is the group that seems likely to swap around some the last two weeks. Cavaliers seem a solid 6th place corps. Cadets seem a lock for 5th. In the top four, not sure SCV or Crown move from their positions. I am surprised Bluecoats are beating Blue Devils. I still expect Blue Devils will win, again.

You posted your setup earlier this season right? It's godly. I hope I can get a setup like that when I'm older

I had really nice audiophile quality speakers when I came out of college. Again, for drum corps. I would play the VHS tapes I recorded off PBS and synced them to the championship records. The sound was AWFUL back then with video recordings. Today's Blu-rays ARE the good ol' days. The promise has been met. :cool:

I told you that story to tell you this one:

After having all that nice stuff, I got married. The wife HATED all that gear, put plants in front of my speakers, and of course, to make the wife happy the audio stuff went. :sad:

Fast forward to now: I'm old and the kids are grown and out of the house. Now I am buying good stuff that was miles better than what I had in college. These DCI live broadcasts are fantastic. Not as good as Blu ray or CD, but really good.

There are some DIY speakers you can build that are inexpensive, horn driven and sound GREAT with drum corps. I should do a thread on that sometime. You don't need a lot of money to get DRUM CORPS quality sound. :smile:

• Like 3

I'm just gonna...

http://m.imgur.com/x0HNN34

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 4

Yeeeeah buddy