Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Boston- time to play music people enjoy.

I don't know. I got mixed feelings on this. I'm enjoying BAC's music better this season than the " Animal Farm" music year of 2 years ago, but that music did better with the DCI judges... so who knows.

Their percussion is phenomenal everywhere and they are exposed to error. You try clapping on top of a giant slide with 10 or 12 or your closest friends, and then make that clapping sync with the pit 30 yards away. Great risk, great reward.

I can easily see how they won.

Is clapping percussion now?

It's pretty easy to hear the difference between tap tap tap and fluff fluff fluff due to minute timing issues. I may not know how to beat a drum, but I can tell when timing is off on attacks.

May be true, but image how much they'd be winning by if it was a little less dirty. Same goes with Visual... Bluecoats would be 2 points higher if they were cleaner....

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

I don't get how BD can be in the top 6 in ensemble music. They are the epitome of gelatinous goo. They sound unnatural and muddy. I used to think it was the webcast but the sound much worse live

You can say a lot of things about BD, but they sure ain't muddy. They have the cleanest, most even brass sound in the activity, and they project better than anyone no matter where they are on the field.

• Like 5

Cadets only have a tad of "restaging" left to accomplish - mostly they will go into full clean mode this week

it will be interesting to see if they can close the small drum gap in the remaining time

They've certainly got the chops for it!

Yes.

Violin playing is " Brass " ( thats because there is no " String Caption " at the moment ) I know, I know.. kind of weird, but there you go.( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Seriously?

Ok, I'll play. Yes.

• Like 1